Accidentally deleted "Accounts" tab. Issue?

I was adding the “Business Dashboard” and there was an error telling me I couldn’t add it because there “was an existing Accounts tab”, so I deleted the tab in order to download the Dashboard.

Will this cause a problem?

@hbwilliams22, I don’t think it will cause any issues unless you had configurations there that you needed (e.g. customized groups or class overrides).

Most Tiller Money business spreadsheets DO have an Accounts tab— so there is no inherent incompatibility, @hbwilliams22. Most likely you were working in an older generation spreadsheet where the Accounts tab predated the version information we now store in “managed” spreadsheets (including the Accounts template). So, the installer probably didn’t recognize the Accounts sheet you did have but did notice that it couldn’t install the current/managed version because it would bump into the existing Accounts sheet.

Since the Accounts sheet is a dependency for the Business Dashboard, after you deleted the (unmanaged) Accounts sheet, the installer should have installed the current version. You may have lost some overrides (from your old sheet) as @heather mentioned, but they are not essential to the spreadsheet functioning.

If you have other sheets in the spreadsheet that referred to the old version of the Accounts sheet and are no longer functional, you may need to restore or replace them using Tiller Labs.

Hope you’ve got it all back up and running.
Randy

Hi Randy, thanks for getting back. I do see that I have an Accounts sheet that is now blank. Is there anyway to repopulate the sheet or do I need to delete the Business Dashboard and blank Accounts sheet and reinstall the Business Dashboard.

The Accounts sheet has two sections:

• A visible section that starts “blank” where you can optionally add overrides to accounts
  • A hidden section to the right that consolidates account information and is referenced by other sheets

If the visible section is blank, that does not mean the hidden section is not working. If you click on the account dropdown in A2, do you see your accounts populated? If you do, your Accounts sheet is probably fine. (You can also unhide the section on the right side of accounts.) If those parts of the sheet are blank, I’d recommend using Tiller Money Labs to restore the Accounts sheet in your spreadsheet.

Let me know how it goes.
Randy

It does look like the sheet is blank (image below) and even after I “Restored” it??

@hbwilliams22 do you have Account ID column in your Balance History sheet?

Here is the full guide on “upgrading” your Accounts sheet if you were using v1

@heather I do not have a Account ID column. Only Account and Account # columns.

I followed the steps to Upgrade my Accounts sheet and Balance sheet but now both sheets are blank!

I guess my question now is: do I need the Accounts, Balance, or Balance History sheets? Are the necessary? Do other sheets rely on them? If not then I will forego them.

@hbwilliams22, did you go through these linked steps from the guide? This will get you Account ID which is required for Accounts to populate and then Balances downstream of that.

Balance History is the only thing required, but many Labs solutions rely on Accounts.