šŸ† Account Register - Google Sheets

I was entering monthly statement data (i.e., January, February, March, etc.) on a different row for the same checking account.

OK, you definitely only want one row per account that gets updated each month.

Does the reconciliation sheet mark the cooresponding row in the transaction sheet as being ā€œreconciledā€?

No, there are a couple other templates available that do that, but they are more work. I tried to keep this simple, so if you are keeping the accounts reconciled, then because the account totals are based upon the transactions, the transactions are reconciled.

I just updated the template from 1.3 to 1.6 and for some reason when I have it ascending the last (furthest out) transaction is sorted to the top rather than the bottom. When I look at the helper columns, in Column V the last transaction is always blank for sort order. If I manually add the next number it will re-sort correctly but as soon as new transactions are downloaded, Column V completely breaks if I do that.

Any ideas to fix it?

Do you have the ā€œAccount Reconciliationā€ sheet installed and working? This template pulls account information from that one, namely the opening balance to use for the register that all transactions are then added/subtracted from. You should see that info being pulled in in N11 and O11, which is them pulled into row 4 of column V.

It is installed and filled out.

The first line of the reconcilation is orange and nothing is being pulled into N/O11, Iā€™m guessing because the IFERROR is being triggered. Now that I take another look, it looks like I/J of the Account Reconciliation tab was the issue when it upgraded, those figures didnā€™t come along. Once I put those in, it seems to have fixed it.

1 Like

The Account Register add-in is very helpful. Thank you!
Iā€™m having one problem: it seems to work fine for all of my accounts except one. When this particular account is selected, no data will populate. Any suggestions?

Strange. Click the ā€˜+ā€™ above column H to expand the hidden helper data. Do you see anything in the ā€œTransactions for Chosen Account Since Openingā€ table? Anything showing up in O11?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, there is a value in O11 - it is the same value that I entered in the ā€œTiller Opening Balanceā€ column for that account on the Reconciliation sheet. If I delete this value from the Recon sheet, it disappears from the O11 on the Register sheet.

Itā€™s strange that any other account seems to work ok.

Ok, hereā€™s something - I was wrong. Not every other account works ok. I have a couple account names with parentheses, and none of those accounts populate transactions into the register. So I think thereā€™s a strong likelihood that the ( ) are causing the problem.

I think the account names are passed from the Tiller website to the Foundation Template. I change the name on the website (using the Edit button under Linked Accounts) and re-launched the Foundation Template, but that doesnā€™t seem to change the account names in the spreadsheet. I wonder if I need to start over with a new Foundation after I eliminate the ( ) from the account names? Any ideas?

I used Find & Replace to change the account name in the sheet to one without the ( ). Worked like a charm and now those accounts populate in the register.

Glad you got it worked out. Interesting to know parenthesis donā€™t work in account names

Agreed. Thanks again for the great tool.

I am having some trouble reconciling an account, but thatā€™s probably a discussion for another thread.

I am also getting the ā€œunable to add sheetā€ error. it looks like it adds the reconciliation sheet, but doesnā€™t rename it and then errors out before adding the register. Iā€™ve tried adding the reconciliation sheet first and then I get "your spreadsheet already contains a sheet with a name, Account Reconciliation, that will conflict with this solution. "