Account Type in Balance History

I have a Home Equity Loan that is updating in my Balance History but no transactions are coming into my transactions tab. I wonder if it is because the “Type” field in the Balance History sheet is “HOME_EQUITY_LINE_OF_CREDIT”. I believe I read somewhere that loans/lines of credit don’t have transactions that come in? Is this still true? If I were to change the Type field to just “HOME_EQUITY” do you think I will start to receive transactions for this account?

Not getting transactions is messing up the calculations in my Debt Planner sheet. Since no transactions are coming in, it is not able to put how much I paid towards that account.

Help! :slight_smile:

Do you also have a mortgage with the same company? In my case the home equity transactions appear under the mortgage.
Another possibility, do you have the account set to “Hide” on your accounts sheet? I did that on purpose so that I would only see my outflow from my checking and not the inflow on my mortgage and therefore not show a net zero on those accounts.

No, my mortgage company is different. However, when the transactions come in for my checking account they do have the word mortgage in them. I have an AutoCat setup to categorize it and rename so that even the checking account transactions only show “Home Equity”. The account is not hidden. I even have a class override of Liability (though, I don’t think that is necessarily needed. I’m just trying anything to get that account’s transactions to come in! :slight_smile:

My LOC was in as LINE_OF_CREDIT and I did show transactions.

1 Like

I’d recommend reaching out to our support team via the chat window in the lower right corner of the Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/login

This is more of a feed issue and doesn’t really have to do with the type information in Balance History.

The note you’re probably thinking of is that the refresh schedule for some loans is less frequent than other types of accounts, but we should be able to pull the transactions.

Yes, I have had an open ticket with support since July on this issue. Still no resolution. :frowning:

Hi @mpresley410 - thanks for letting me know. I hope that our data provider can get the issue resolved soon. I did double check on this and we reached out to them recently to ask for an update.

1 Like