Add the Category Tracker

Dig deeper into your spending for a selected category by reviewing the Transaction details over a configurable time period. See the sum of spending for all categories for a given date range.

Quickly add a Category Tracker sheet to any Tiller-powered Google Sheet using the Tiller Labs Solutions add-on.

1. Install the Tiller Labs Solutions add-on
  2. Open the add-on and choose “Add a Solution”
  3. Click on Category Tracker
  4. Choose “Add to spreadsheet”
  5. Review your spending with the Category Tracker

@heather Any chance that a date column could be added to to this between columns C & D? When I run the report, it would be more helpful for it to also pull in the date of the transaction rather than just the transaction name and the amount.

Hi @cedrus,

That’s a great idea. Do you mind adding a feature request for this?

Heather

Heather asked me to tag @jonorlin

I found a problem with the formula in the Category Tracker sheet.

The category summary for the period has in incorrect formula. Cell A7 should be =iferror(QUERY($G$7:$I$200,“SELECT G, H WHERE I<>‘Hide’ AND G<>’’ ORDER BY G ASC LABEL G ‘’, H ‘’”, -1),"") It is currently starting on $G$8, so the first category is skipped from the period summary.

Thanks

Brent

1 Like

BTW – I had just installed this solution, so it should be the latest version.

1 Like

Hi @brenttempleton,
Thanks for catching this error. You are correct that the formula had the wrong cell reference.

I have fixed the sheet to Version 2.02, which will correct this error. It is available now.

Jon

Thanks for reaching out on this @brenttempleton! You can get the latest version via the Tiller Labs add-on under Managed Solutions.

Heather

@cedrus

Here is a workaround…sort the transactions tab on category with a secondary sort on date.

Blake