Alternatives to clicking "fill" button in office 365 add-in

Hello! I’m currently creating a new template for Excel using VBA macros. I’d like to tie this in with a VBA AutoCat macro I’m finishing up. When I open the spreadsheet, I would like it to automatically fill in recent transactions and categorize them. Is there a way to initialize the add-in and fill transactions outside of clicking the “fill” button? Even if it’s a line of code in different programming language, I may be able to find a way to have VBA call it. Any thoughts?

Interesting idea, @vengefu1_tuna.
I don’t think this is possible, but @brasten will know better.

I am very interested in what you are building for auto cat so let me know what you come up with. Also, I enjoy programming Excel so if you want collaborate, maybe you and I could put our heads and become the Tiller Labs team for Excel.

1 Like

@ajpelkey and @vengefu1_tuna, just added you to our beta group here in the community so you can try out the very experimental version of AutoCat for Excel Beta that is available now. Visit the Community home page to access the Tiller Beta content.

I’m also interested in this. I’m a moderately proficient VBA coder, and looking to run something in the Sub Workbook_Open() module. I’m hoping to write a little script that fills in recent transactions, runs autoCat, and maybe guides the user through adding Categories for any uncategorized transactions.

Did you guys figure out how to call the Fill code?

@jmfenn At this time, there are no APIs available to initiate Tiller workflows.