Amazon Order History Page Gone?

Is it just me or is the Amazon Order History Reports page gone for everyone? The URL now redirects me to the standard Order History page.

Amazon’s help still lists the Order History Reports page as existing: Create an Order History Report - Amazon Customer Service

But for me, Amazon Sign-In redirects to Amazon Sign-In

I hope someone found a way to get back to it so we can keep using the CSV importer tool!

Charlotte

5 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing with my personal Amazon account too. I’ve started a chat/support request with them to see if they can remove the redirect.

They indicate:

I’ve just check with my lead there is some technical issue with that link we are already working on it please don’t worry we’ll solve the problem i request you to please try after 24-48 hours

4 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue with Amazon History Reports. However, I do not believe that it is a Tiller issue. Just spent over an hour on chat w/Amazon, and they have no solution – it must be a problem on the Amazon end.

If you go to this Amazon help page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201983330

The hyperlink for “Order History Reports” on this help page shows the URL: https://www.amazon.com/gp/b2b/reports . However, this URL redirects to the page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-account/order-history , which is the “Your Orders” page – this experience is the same as reported in the issues logged previously on this topic.

1 Like

Thanks @heather! Hopefully they fix it soon!

Yes @houtexdavid definitely a Amazon issue (not Tiller). I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t an issue specific to me!

Well… that’s a bummer.

They hid the link in their Accounts page a month or so ago, but, as @houtexdavid observed, one could still access the CSV creator page via the link within the Tiller Money Labs workflow instructions.

With that link now redirecting, I’m not sure how we can get access. I imagine many Amazon customers will be disappointed to lose access to this feature.

P.S. It appears their support content has not kept pace with their ability to deprecate cherished features.

I called and on chat with Amazon. They kept giving me the link to reports that does not work and said they do not have the feature. Hopefully, they figure this out.

This so sucks! I did a bunch of Amazon clean up by hand last night. NOT fun at all. And there was not even any crazy stuff like bundles or returns. Uploading the CSV was just so good. Sigh.

I feel like it will be more efficient to make my own spreadsheet with the order info and upload that than to try to make all the transactions manually.

@heather or @randy, what columns in the CSV are required for the Amazon import?

thanks!
Charlotte

1 Like

@charlotte has a great idea! I still have my latest successful Amazon CSV. There’s massive redundancy that can probably just be cut out with only a few details added in and others copied with every purchase. Once we know what you guys want, she’s right. Way more efficient.

I’m now in a chat with Amazon and it’s going nowhere fast. I’m being transferred to my 5th person and not making any headway at all.

EDIT AFTER CHAT - well that was fun. When I hit my 9th person he told me I could find the report I wanted at https://www.amazon.com/gp/b2b/reports which, of course, takes me to my order page. Then he said “I will forward this issue to the respective team so maximum within 48hours the respective team will verify and sort this out. So please try this again after 48 hours after clearing cache of your browser.”

He agreed that would be noon on Thursday the 27th.

I still vote from Charlotte’s plan.

1 Like

Good questions, @Charlotte & @susandennis

I know @heather opened a support case with Amazon yesterday and they told her the redirect is a mistake and they are working a on fix (like you heard, @susandennis). Honestly, I’m skeptical since they removed the URL from their Accounts home page a month or two ago that this isn’t the next step in deprecating functionality (and that they don’t have a communications plan yet with their support staff)… but I’m hopeful I will be proven wrong. :neutral_face:

If you really want to fake in the data, @Charlotte, your best bet is to start with an old import CSV with all of the headers. They must all be present for the importer to recognize the file. I can tell you that the columns that matter are:

• Order Date
  • Title
  • Order ID
  • ASIN/ISBN
  • Item Total
  • Payment Instrument Type
  • Category

You can not populate the rest of the columns. Let me know if this works for you.

Personally, I plan to give this a few weeks and revisit a best-case new workflow if the feature isn’t re-enabled.

Randy

1 Like

Well, I just did it and, frankly, @randy 's suggestion of wait a few weeks is looking better and better.

It was a PIA. Maybe it will get easier. The main trickster is the ASIN/ISBN because you can’t get that from the ‘bought’ info. You have to go back to the product page.

I saved the hand made sheet I created. It works. Feel free to snag if you want to give it a go.

I was looking at my last few sets of Amazon imports and saw a few errors - i.e., the item by item and total transaction prices from the downloaded CSV differed from what was charged to my CC and from what I can see from the non-CSV order history page. Maybe their CSV export was buggy?

Not sure if that is a positive or negative predictor if they will return the functionality.

@joern the export doesn’t take into account discounts (subscribe and save, coupons, etc.).

Thanks @randy! It worked for me.

@susandennis the key to doing it easily is to decide which info you really need. I just make ASIN/ISBN =today()&row() figuring it just needs to be something unique, accurate or not. It worked fine.

I also made Category = “Item” and Payment Instrument Type = “Amazon” for all rows. I don’t really need those fields to be correct.

1 Like

@charlotte I dont think it is account discounts. I didnt use any coupons etc.

Example:
I bought two items.

In the order history invoice view it lists the items for 29.99 and 8.99, plus tax of 2.43 for a total of 41.41. The invoice lists no discounts or coupons.

In the CSV, it lists the items as 33.06 and 9.55 respectively, for a total of 42.06.

My credit card was charged 41.41.

NICE!! Very smart thinking and not having to do a special lookup makes the process ever so much better. Thanks @charlotte

I did see that today, Amazon has changed the link on Amazon help page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201983330 page so that it now nets a 404 (their puppy dog) instead of your list of orders - at least for me. So… progress?

Glad to hear it worked, @charlotte. I think your approach shouldn’t be too much of an issue but, for clarity, here is how the ASIN/ISBN is used.

The importer builds a “unique id” by concatenating the following fields:

• order id
  • isbn
  • quantity
  • shipping/tracking number

This unique id is compared to subsequent imports to determine if an item has already been imported. If there is an exact match across these fields, the (new) record in the CSV is ignored.

I’m concerned that your approach will cause future imports (if there is overlapping history) to reimport items. I think you’d be better off just using another field— like the description— to uniquely identify products.

1 Like

I’m not totally surprised there are minor mismatches, @joern. We were never able to process discounts, taxes, and shipping with 100% accuracy— largely because the data set is imperfect. If you’re excited to dig deeper on this, I can brief you on how we use the fields and you could see if there is a better way to use the CSV fields to get to more accurate numbers.

Amazon’s Order History link still appears to redirect to the Account / Orders page.

2 Likes