Amazon Order History Page Gone?

@randy Can we keep compatibility with both report types when you update it? The “new” report has some nice features the old-now-restored report lacked (namely Amazon Bookstore purchases which weren’t on the “old” report).

Thanks!!
Charlotte

It’s back? Wow. Didn’t expect that.
I’m not seeing it on a quick scan of my Amazon account. Can you tell me how to get it, @cculber2?

Interesting, @Charlotte. Hadn’t considered keeping both. Let me think on that.
(There is no huge cost to supporting both other than the confusion it might cause…)

Randy

1 Like

@randy, I’m using the direct link that @susandennis provided a few posts back.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/b2b/reports/ref=b2b_aht_bao_dbor_ohr1

Awesome. There it is!
Will start work on this.

3 Likes

On the Import Line Items workflow, I made some good headway last night.

• I re-inserted the old Amazon items & refunds importers into the engine. (It took longer than expected on account of changes to the engine in the intervening months that made the old rules not work out of the box.)
  • Per @charlotte’s suggestion, I preserved the Amazon Privacy Central import rules but added some code so that the instructions for those reports are hidden in the sidebar (to avoid confusion). :confused:
  • I fixed some bad behavior in the sidebar import-filter dropdown when there is only a single filter option.
  • I fixed a button rendering issue in Safari that caused the buttons to be one pixel tall. :upside_down_face:

These changes are all published.

BUT… I’m stuck on an issue with the CSV parser choking on some records. My YTD Amazon import has 205 line items, but, even in a fresh sheet, only 108 transactions are available. I’m pretty sure this is because of parsing issues that confuse the Utilities.parseCsv() call.

In my Amazon CSV, I’m seeing that double quotes are applied inconsistently to text strings (e.g. product title). Sometimes they are there, other times, the Amazon CSV generator appears to rely on just the comma delimiters to define the extent of the text fields.

For example:

11/28/20,113-5216480-4204216,Caste (Oprah's Book Club): The Origins of Our Discontents,ABIS_BOOK,...
10/22/20,111-8348886-8107463,"Philips Sonicare HX9690/05 ExpertClean 7500 Bluetooth Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Black",HEADPHONES,...

(Yes… we own a Bluetooth toothbrush :blush:)

The CSV generator appears to base this decision on whether there is a comma in the field… but strangely the ASIN/ISBN field is always in quotes and never has a comma in it.

I think what is causing the parser to choke (and thereby lose records) are stray single quote characters (e.g. in the Title field) that are not wrapped in quotes (e.g. Oprah's Book Club).

If this is indeed the cause… and we are clever, we may be able to target (and replace) these characters with a regular expression before they are processed by Utilities.parseCsv().

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Any better suggestions?

I think we are close but not quite there yet.

Thanks,
Randy

1 Like

Mine all sailed in like butta! No errors anywhere. But, also, none of my line items had the weird " either. So slick to have it back.

My toothbrush is that waterpic combo and I love it but otherwise, I’d absolutely have a bluetooth one!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback & humor, @susandennis. Made me smile. :smiley:

(One caveat is that it is NOT obvious the workflow is dropping transactions. In my case, I just noticed a dead spot from 10/18 to 11/30. The best way to confirm is probably to temporarily pull the CSV into a new sheet and see if the number of rows matches up to the number of new transactions the importer shows.)

Interesting. I was missing nothing, but my CSV was for a limited time - 1 week, 6 transactions.

1 Like

I (as a new user) pulled in 3-years of amazon history (I started with 3-years of transaction history pulled together from my other systems). The transaction count from the imported is far less than the number of rows in the download CSV.

Have not tried reconciling yet. Any suggestions on how to match transactions that did not get processed?

Something similar for me. (actually also happened while importing bank data using the Bank Template). Anyways, I figured out which transactions were successfully imported, removed those from the csv file and then tried again. After 2-3 iterations of that, all the transactions were imported.

@cas3 and @bpietravalle,

Unfortunately, this is a known bug as of about a week ago. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hoping next week I’ll have some time to track it down.

Though it isn’t shown in the UX, I believe the Amazon Privacy Central report will still be imported cleanly.

P.S. @bpietravalle, did you notice any patterns (e.g. special characters) in the data/rows that were not processing?

I made some improvements to the workflow yesterday, @cas3 and @bpietravalle. Let me know if you are now seeing complete Amazon downloads with the latest CSV format… or not…

Awesome. Thanks @randy. I’ll test it out over the next few days. sorry didnt respond earlier. I noticed that apostrophes in the description seemed to mess up my imports before.

I all give it a try after Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all.

1 Like

I just downloaded the past two years of transactions today and tried the importer. It imported 46 of 301 transactions. First 24 went smooth, then it started missing some, then about 6 months into 2019 it stopped, and then ended with just one transaction from 2020.
Some of the rows contained characters like “|” or “/”, but then obviously it goes beyond what’s in the Description when it stops bringing in entire months worth of transactions. I can provide my csv if that would help you track down the issue.

I did some debug with @jpfieber on this and it was a false alarm…
The missing Amazon purchase issue is resolved!

Don’t forget to reload your spreadsheet browser tab to make sure you are running the latest version of the add-on.
:wink:

1 Like

Hi, Randy.

I noticed, by complete accident, that the CSV order download from Amazon was back and before I headed back to this post I saw that I am also receiving the error that “the importer does not recognize the uploaded file”. I’m pretty sure that I’m running the most current version of my spreadsheet. And also, I know a lot of us are still in “holiday mode” so I’m sure (and I hope) you’re enjoying some downtime. Just wanted to bring this to your attention as well. Thanks for all your hard work on this for the community!

I successfully imported and classified 431 transactions over 3-years. I need to cross-check - but things seem good.

I do, however, have a large number of amazon transactions of the form:

Amazon.comlz3ny06y3 Amzn.com/bill WA.
Amzn Mktp Us
nax4421v3 Amzn.com/bill WA

that did NOT get matched. I have to research what these are.

Are those the credit card transactions that came in from your Tiller Money Feeds, @cas3? (With this workflow, they don’t get “matched” they are zeroed out with the Amazon Order offsets.)