Announcing Open Banking Support for Capital One

Thanks for the update here. That’s good to know. I’m guessing you mean there wasn’t a checkbox for the closed card during that part of the process?

@yossiea, do you mind reaching out via chat to let the team know these details and we can work with our data provider to see if they can pull in that so you can continue to get balance updates?

Thanks Heather, I’ll dig into some more…

Jeff

Fantastic news @heather and the Tiller team. One quesiton about the manual migration and the need to clean up duplicates. Is that clean up process just going into the Transactions tab, and manually deleting the 3 months of transaction rows? Any more to it than that? Anytime I’m manually deleting transactions, I get a little nervous. But if it’s just deleting those duplicate rows, I can handle that. Thanks!

It has been almost two weeks and it still does not work. It keeps saying try again later. This is not an improvement. Can we go back to the old way of doing things that worked ?

@Hello12, if you’re on the Legacy integration with our data provider Capital One is having an outage, if you’re on the new YSL version, and you having problems with Capital One we can work with our data provider to address that if you write in to support@tillerhq.com.

@amiller72, if you complete the form here, and opt for the manual migration you’ll get more details on what that entails. Opting for the manual migration in the form does not mean you’ll be migrated, you just get the steps and then you have to confirm that you want to proceed.

This is great news for American users, but too bad you couldn’t have said up front that Canadian Customers were not included in this and why they are not and not likely to be in the near future. It would have saved me a whack of trouble and consternation and help desk calls. You need to not forget that you do have customers from Canada! It was resolved so things are working now.

1 Like

Hi @jemmoa7,

We did not know that this would not apply to Canadian customers until this week. Since Canadian customers were using the same site that U.S. customers were using they all got migrated to the new open banking site, but it wasn’t until after the fact that our data provider let us know the upgrade would only apply to U.S. customers. Very sorry for the inconvenience and frustration!

Heather

Just a note we are still working with our data provider on this issue to see why Canadian customers cannot access the open banking site for Capital One. They are working directly with Capital One to better understand.

1 Like

Hi, Just checking in. It sounds like Canada is going to implement some kind of open banking standard sometime in 2022. Does Tiller and Yodlee have an plans to start converting Canadian banks when the banks implement this? It sure would be nice since many bank sync connections (3 of 4 of mine) do not work any longer.

@jemmoa7, we haven’t heard about this yet, but Yodlee generally decides on when specific institutions transition to an open banking connection. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Is there any timeline or roadmap for support for banks with this?

American Express???

:wave: welcome @maxclark.

We don’t have a timeline for when another open banking enabled site will be added. Our data provider sets the schedule. :crossed_fingers: another one soon. I don’t know if Amex is in the works or not. I suspect eventually :woman_shrugging: