Autocat rule question

Hello,
If I have two different transaction descriptions such as
ABCx4292 and ABCxxxxx4292, is there a way to write ONE autocat rule that will categorize BOTH of these transactions?
Thnx for any advice!

“ABCx4292”,“ABCxxxxx4292”

Thanks for the reply! I know you can have multiple strings separated by commas as you suggest, but I think i oversimplified my question a bit. The descriptions I am dealing with are rather long, so I was looking for a way to not have to include two very long strings separated by commas. The strings are more like “Online Transfer From ABCDEFGHI Everyday Checking x4292”,“ONLINE TRANSFER FROM ABCDEFGHI EVERYDAY CHECKING XXXXXX4292”

One way would be to just include just the part of the text that appears in all of the possible descriptions (in your example “ABCx”) in your Descriptions Contains column.
If that doesn’t work, then you’ll likely have to jump into creating a “Description Regex” column, and using “Regular Expressions” to describe what you want to do. Here’s a thread that talks about it, there are others as well if you search the forum. It’s a very powerful command, but not so intuitive, so you may have to play around with it for a while before you come up with something that does exactly what you need.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like