Autocat stuck, how to stop it?

I ran autocat and am getting this:
" AutoCat
Try Again Later

The AutoCat process is unable to run because the ‘AutoCat’ process is currently updating this spreadsheet.

Please wait for that process to complete. (Usually, this will take just a few minutes, but it can take up to 5 minutes.)"

Have been waiting for about an hour now. Each time I try to run autocat I get the same error. Nothing seems to be happening. This was using autocat to change category for all transactions. When I’d run autocat immediately previously without this selected, it ran fine. Only have a couple thousand transactions.

Is there a way to terminate it? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi @cdcvs,

AutoCat should terminate on its own after the process times out.

I’d recommend just refreshing the browser window and then make sure you don’t have the setting for “all” selected. It’s likely something to do with that. If you have a bunch of blank rows at the bottom of the Transactions sheet this can cause issues and if there is a checkbox column in your Transactions sheet this has also been found to cause issues.

1 Like

I have this same problem, I refreshed, restarted browser, restarted computer, etc.

Were you able to get it running again, @Machoo?

I am also not able to get AutoCat to work (have the same error as the OP).
I’ve

• Waited >5 mins
  • Made sure that “Only Uncategorized Transactions” is selected
  • Restarted browser.
1 Like

@aproxia, for issues related to core product— like Autocat— I’d recommend reaching out to our support team via the chat window in the lower right corner of the Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/login

No. No luck. Happens frequently. I clear everything, restart computer, chant various incantations, give up. Come back in a few days

Our support team will definitely help you get Autocat running if you tire of the incantation process, @Machoo

You can contact them via the chat window in the lower right corner of the Console at https://my.tillerhq.com/.