I can’t figure out how to make the header text for the Budget Results area display correctly. It looks like this.
Also, not sure if this is related or a separate issue, but the Budget Results in this row doesn’t populate like the rest of the cells above it.
Here is the formula in the first “REF” error box
One thing I’m noticing in your screenshot is I’m not seeing row 4, which is the beginning of the range it’s looking at. Is something odd about your row 4? It should be a normal budget item, similar to your row 5.
What you are actually seeing is row 75. I had it scrolled up. I’m going to try repairing the categories sheet and go from there. Hopefully, that fixes the issues I’ve been having. Once I do that, I believe I will save that version in Google then if I mess something up again, I will have a marked place to go back to!
Hi @angigerstner did fixing your Categories sheet solve this?
No, it didn’t! I have also restored the monthly and yearly templates. I am going to make a copy of this sheet, restore the template and then copy the description and amounts back over and see what happens. Thanks for asking. I will report back with my findings.
I restored the Budget Plan and put the values back in from the archive of the Budget Plan. That did fix my original issue, but now my budget plan numbers aren’t showing up in my monthly or yearly plan. I’m pretty frustrated!
A change to the Budget Plan sheet would likely require you to redo the formulas on the Categories sheet.
Ok, YES! That was the problem. Everything is working now. I saved this point in my version history, so hopefully I won’t be an issue anymore . I appreciate all of the support you have provided. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Soooo, I hadn’t had time to get back into this until tonight. Everything seems to be working except the pulldowns on my transaction sheet. I checked the data validation on the transaction sheet. My category column is D and I’ve included a screenshot of the data validation info.
My category sheet has the categories in column A. I followed the directions found here, and everything checked out. However, when I attempted to paste the info provided, or even cut and paste the same info that was already in the criteria box, it throws an error (see below) I’m not sure if that is a clue or not.
I’m not sure if I have a formula issue or if something is corrupt.
FWIW, the criteria on my Transactions sheet Category column is:
If you have less than 132 rows, that could be why the range is invalid. Using the criteria I posted above eliminates the need to know how many rows, and simply tells it to go to the last row.
I tried that and no luck. I clicked on the icon with 4 squares in the area that was looking for a valid range, and then I selected the cells in the A column directly on the categories sheet and now it works.