Capital one outage?

I haven’t got an update to work since May 4th. The other thread says to enable 2FA but there is no option to do this on capitalone. Do I need to delete this account and start over?

Wow, that’s a bummer. I can confirm that it is working. I got an update today. I never had to set up or enable 2fa. When I click on ‘refresh’, It come back with this screen

If it were me, and I had your issues, I’d absolutely delete and start over. The down side is that you might get duplicates you’ll need to clean up. The up side is, it might work.

1 Like

Yeah, I was kinda putting it off, but that’s what I had to do. I tried the reconcile manual transitions tool since I thought that might make things easier. After correlating over 100 transitions, the tool failed to apply any of the reconciles. I ended up going through manually.

I’m doing twice the work that I used to do tracking my accounts manually… so goodbye tiller!

1 Like

Can you explain a bit more about this? The tool is intended to reconcile transactions that you manually add using the Tiller Money Labs add-on that are flagged as reconcile so that when the automated feed brings them in they don’t get counted twice. If you were trying to use this for managing duplicates because of removing and then re-adding an account it makes sense that it didn’t work for you and you had to manually manage the duplicates.

There’s a separate Manage Duplicates workflow in the Labs add-on.

Hmmm…seems like this issue may be resurfacing. I have not been able to connect to Capital One for five days. Credentials seem to be working, but it returns this error:

“We have found that one or more of your accounts was not updated successfully. Please check the Account Summary page for details.”

No balance updates. No new transactions.
Anyone else having this challenge? I tried adding the accounts again…same error. (Tried manually re-entering the credentials…no dice.)

1 Like

I just tried my now-infrequently-used Capital One account and it connected without error. So sorry. I’m sure this isn’t what you wanted to hear.

This is probably the confirmation I needed to move the majority of my checking activity to another account. Capitol One has become simply too tedious and unreliable. The other account’s transactions appear effortlessly.

Grateful!

Good! And, yep, that’s exactly why I rarely use Capital One any more. I have one credit card left there only because it pays exorbitant cash back on some charges :slight_smile:

It is pretty awesome to check all my other accounts so easily.

1 Like

Resolved. Transaction feed is now working again.

3 Likes

I just tried and mine worked fine. I did not need to enter my sign in credentials but did need to do 2FA. I did some tricks awhile ago with Capital One (they do not even know how their own system works) and it has worked perfectly since then. However, I moved all my transaction activity away from Capital One a long time ago and I recommend everyone else do the same. It’s just not worth it.

More weirdness with Capital One. Credit card account stopped downloading while the savings account got new transactions and balances. These use the same login account. Had used the Refresh function to go through 2FA. What did work was to re-enter credentials instead, suddenly the credit card is downloading again.

2 Likes