CapitalOne Password not working

I just tried the “Add Accounts” workaround, but am now receiving another, different strange error. Saying I’ve reached a “maximum threshold” limit - for login attempts, I’m assuming. But this is the FIRST time I’ve tried logging in today…how can 1 attempt meet a maximum threshold?

I got that error yesterday, but today I didn’t (although I’m still able to sign in)

The “Add accounts” solution worked for me.

1 Like

Will you let me know if you get this error today @amiller72 ? I’m wondering if some background refreshes for other accounts have tripped up the system into thinking you’ve reached the max for the day (not sure how many accounts you have connected) or if it’s a fluke related to this Cap One issue specifically.

Resetting password at Cap1 and editing credentials in Tiller worked for me.

1 Like

I just tested now (without resetting anything again in Cap1 nor Tiller) and it worked !
So maybe this has been resolved for everyone?

1 Like

Hi @heather - I just tried again, and yes I’m still getting that “Maximum Threshold has been reached” error. I have 9 accounts connected, between Checking and Credit and Savings accounts.

1 Like

Amiller72…I had received that error when I was first troubleshooting. I literally had to wait 24 hours…not just “the next day” for it to unlock. ie. don’t try logging in for 24 hours.

1 Like

@stuart Thanks Stuart, good to know. I’ll try to be patient. :grimacing:

1 Like

From our data provider on this today:

Our team completed another round of analysis and identified that there may be a scenario where the Login URL is getting cached. Our team implemented a change early this morning to remove the cached Login URL to resolve the 402 (incorrect credentials) error message; the data shows that 402s have dipped since the change.

Can you all let me know whether you’re able to get it refreshed/reconnected without trying the re-add or change password steps, just regular old refresh?

Heather

@heather It does seem to be working normally now, using just a regular refresh. Thanks.
One thing worth mentioning - if anyone did a manual transaction import as a workaround (as I did a couple of days ago), you’re now left with duplicate transaction entries once it automatically refreshed. So that takes some cleaning up. I’ll bear that in mind if this happens again.

1 Like

You’re right about this. Here is hopefully some helpful info on how to clean up

That’s an excellent article @heather. Thanks for sharing. I manually removed my dups yesterday, but may give that Add-On a try if there’s a next time.