Category Tracker (Excel)

In cell A13 =SORTBY(L$3#,$N$3#,1,$M$3#,1,$L$3#,1)

That looks fine. Next step in the debug would be to check the data that formula is referencing by unhiding the hidden area to the right. If any columns contain #REF errors, let’s peek at those formulas.

Here you go.

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/jv4e1drr7hasTZpkcp63ZB?

I might add that the formulas do not work because the CHANGE SOURCE shown in the previous video would not accept the change to P:\014 FINANCIAL & TAX\00 Tiller\Tiller-Foundation.xlsx

I can’t speak to why the Change Source option isn’t working, but you can accomplish the same functionality manually by just doing a find and replace to wipe out that extraneous file path to the external workbook.

Your formula looks something like this:
=INDEX(FILTER('P:\014 FINANCIAL & TAX\00 Tiller\Tiller Community Sheets\Category Tracker\220722_CategoryTracker_v1.62.xIsx'!Categories[#Data],('P:\014 FINANCIAL & TAX\00 Tiller\Tiller Community Sheets\Category Tracker\220722_CategoryTracker_v1.62.xIsx'!Categories[Hide From Reports]<>"Hide")*('P:\014 FINANCIAL & TAX\00 Tiller\Tiller Community Sheets\Category Tracker\220722_CategoryTracker_v1.62.xIsx'!Categories[Category]<>"")),, MATCH(LS2,'P:\014 FINANCIAL & TAX\00 Tiller\Tiller Community Sheets\Category Tracker\220722_CategoryTracker_v1.62.xIsx'!Categories[#Headers],0))

References to the sheets and columns (e.g. Categories[#Data]) are preceded by references to external workbooks (e.g. 'P:\014 FINANCIAL & TAX\00 Tiller\Tiller Community Sheets\Category Tracker\220722_CategoryTracker_v1.62.xIsx').

The formula in cell L3 should look like:
=INDEX(FILTER(Categories[#Data],(Categories[Hide From Reports]<>"Hide")*(Categories[Category]<>"")),,MATCH(L$2,Categories[#Headers],0))

If you can manually find and replace the path string (make sure to search within formulas) with nothing (to blank it out), you should be able to redirect all instances of these external references to point to your local workbook.

Make sense?

When I do as directed and basically remove ‘P:\014 FINANCIAL & TAX\00 Tiller\Tiller Community Sheets\Category Tracker\220722_CategoryTracker_v1.62.xIsx’! i get the same error that I received originally.

At this point I am deleting the Category tracker to take up again in the future