Docs: Category Report

Overview

The Category Report allows you to drill down and get the transaction details, organized by description, for a single category over a specified time period with granular control over the amount range included in the report.

How to create a Category Report

You’ll need the Tiller Labs add-on for Google Sheets to generate a Category report

1. Open the Add-ons menu at the top of your Google Sheet.
  2. Choose Tiller Labs > Tools > Create a report > Category Report
  3. Configure the report to meet your needs.
  4. Click Create Report.

A new, readily-printable tab will appear along the bottom of your Google Sheet with the sheet name “Cat Report” containing a report per your configuration settings.

Printing or Saving the Category Report

Each time you generate a Category Report, a new tab will appear along the bottom. Feel free to print the report, either a physical copy or to a PDF, and then delete the report tab from your Tiller spreadsheet if you no longer need it after the original report generation.

Troubleshooting

If you have a question or need help first search the community to see if someone has already asked and if not click here to quickly post a question about this tool in the Google Sheets category…

Be sure to customize the title of your post with keywords about the issue or question so others can easily find the Q&A in search.

When I click on the link for Tiller Labs, this is the message that comes up:

What does that mean? I don’t want Tiller seeing, editing, deleting my financial information.

@lillytryon,

You can learn more about the permissions for the Tiller Labs add-on here:

let me know if you still have questions.

Heather

Good question, @lillytryon.
There is a bit more information about why we request these scopes in this thread.

Hope this helps.
Randy