Currency conversion while adding Indian bank accounts and loan accounts

I am right now living in US, but having accounts in India. When I am adding loan accounts or bank accounts from India, they’re importing all values in INR, but showing in dollars and that made my liability shoot up :slight_smile:

Is there a way I can create a hook to convert the currency from INR to USD while importing?

:wave:, @gauravtechie!

We only officially support single currency and USD.

In the past some others have used =GoogleFinance function and additional columns to convert other currencies coming in to USD.

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093281?hl=en

@heather Would the changes made by me via GoogleFinance function be overriden once the sync happens again?

This is the original entry in accounts Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.12.38 AM

You would essentially need to use Google Finance to automate the currency conversion in probably Balance History (if it’s for net worth tracking) so that whenever a new entry comes in it would automatically convert it for you. I don’t have much experience with this so I don’t know for sure how it would work or how to do it. It’s not a supported workflow.

Perhaps some others here in the community have experience or ideas.

After I change the value column using Google finance, the value in the name changes Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.14.47 AM

However, group liability doesn’t change (it is doing a sync and not adding the entire liability)

Great! That works. Still to check if that will get overriden in the next sync or not. Will keep the thread updated.