Dark Mode for Tiller community

Any chance we can enable dark mode on this forum? It is amazingly bright.

1 Like

Hi @richl,

I changed a setting to choose a “color scheme” for when the device has dark mode enabled. Did that work? I’m not totally sure how to make it work :slight_smile:

Yep for the most part it worked. It looks like top section has a white background but that’s ok. I’ll take the win

Thank you

I’d like to change that section too, @richl, but I’m having trouble reading the user setting from Discourse to make that CSS dark-mode-dependent. Maybe I will circle back to it in a week or two.

How exactly are you supposed to do this? Just started using tiller as well as Google sheets

Wow, just jumped into the forum and I’m in dark mode! Nice!

1 Like

Hi @MidnightPrzm, do you mean how do you use Tiller or how to get the forum to show up in Dark Mode?

Maybe I misread the topic. Were you guys referring to how to make google sheets in dark mode or just the forum? I enabled the automatic dark mode color scheme within the forum and it works but is there a way to do this within google sheets?

We are just talking about the forum, @MidnightPrzm.

1 Like

were do you go to get in dark mode

If there’s interest, we could add a dark mode to the main Tiller website fairly easily. I know most Community members don’t spend much time on the main website, buy I personally use dark mode when it’s available (or Reader on Safari).

1 Like

I like dark mode as well and would appreciate this change. Thanks for this update.

Go to your user preferences under “Interface”, @jay5448.

1 Like

Dont understand what you saying

While on a Tiller Community page, you should see your profile picture or icon at the top

Click on that, then choose the person icon, which will be for your Profile.

Choose Preferences

Once here, click on “Interface”. In this menu, there is an option to set Dark Mode automatically

2 Likes

Ok I try it thank you

Another question On the Spread sheet template can you put it in dark mode also if so how .

Can template be in dark mode also

I’m not sure there’s a way to do it for Excel, and only a workaround way for Google Sheets. The only way I’ve been able to do that on desktop is to use Google Chrome as my browser, and use an extension. This is the one I’ve been using recently:

If the browser you use is supported by the extension, and you use Google Sheets as your workbook, this solution would work.