The Recent Balances template makes charting account balances from the past 30 days quick and easy. It pulls data from the
Balance History sheet and renders that data tabularly and graphically based on a number of options in a dropdown:
- All Accounts
- Selected Accounts
- Asset Accounts
- Liability Accounts
- (Individual Accounts)
To install the template in your personal spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Open the template-master spreadsheet.
- Right click on the “Recent Balances” tab and select “Copy to / Existing spreadsheet”. At the bottom, enter the URL of your personal spreadsheet.
- In your personal spreadsheet, rename the tab from “Copy of Recent Balances” to “Recent Balances”.
The template relies on the Tiller
Balance History and
Accounts sheets. They must be installed in your spreadsheet for the template to function. If these sheets are installed, no additional setup is required.
Mostly, just select an account subset from the green dropdown in
To display a customized set of accounts, unhide first group
F:G and check a set of accounts that will display when “Selected Accounts” is chosen in the dropdown.
Unhiding the second group
J:AO will reveal the day-by-day balances. (This area feeds the chart.)
Feel free to do whatever you want to it. Make it better. Make it your own.
I probably won’t add features, maintain this template or make enhancements, but I encourage you to make improvements and repost the template.
- Changes to the list of accounts in your spreadsheet may jumble your checkbox selections feeding the “Selected Accounts” option.
- Account balance lines in the chart may show as points or have interruptions if there are day-to-day gaps in the balances in your