The Tiller Community Solutions add-on allows you to easily discover and explore financial spreadsheet templates built by members of the Tiller Community and leverage powerful tools for boosting your financial tracking productivity. You can quickly add a new solution into any Google Sheet powered by the Tiller Money Feeds add-on.
The Tiller Community Solutions Add-on takes a modular approach to experimenting with various financial spreadsheet templates, making it easy to discover, integrate, and manage new workflows and dashboards. Quickly drop a Debt Progress or Net Worth sheet right into your Foundation Template.
- Discover and easily add compatible single or multi-sheet spreadsheet solutions and workflows.
- Track and manage solution versioning with easy restore and upgrade workflows.
- Use tools like splitting transactions, manually adding and reconciling transactions, running reports, and importing CSV line items.
Note: This tool is works best with sheets being fed by the Tiller Money Feeds add-on for Google Sheets. The Tiller Console will indicate whether your sheet is a Feedbot or Feeds add-on powered sheet. Some solutions are not compatible with Feedbot sheets
- Open the add-on store listing and click “Free” in the upper right corner. A new blank Google Sheet will open in a new tab.
- Click “Continue” when prompted by a modal in this sheet.
- Authorize the add-on to run with your Google account.
- Open a blank Google Sheet or your Tiller Foundation Template.
- Open the Add-ons menu and choose
Tiller Community Solutions.
- Choose “Launch”.
- Review and accept the Tiller Community Solutions and Privacy disclosures.
- Browse and install solutions.
You can browse a list of solutions available in the Tiller Community Solutions add-on on the Tiller website at https://www.tillerhq.com/community-solutions/
- Manually add and reconcile transactions
- Split transactions
- Import CSV line items from other tools like Mint, Personal Capital, YNAB, and Amazon
- Create reports
- Sanitize a sheet for sharing in the community
- Migration Helper for transitioning customized data from one Tiller Google Sheet to another
- Trim Balance History
You can install solutions via the Tiller Community Solutions add-on into any Tiller Money Feeds add-on powered Google Sheet. If a solution is incompatible with the current sheet in which you’re trying to install it, the add-on will let you know.
- Open the add-ons menu at the top of your Google Sheet
- Choose Tiller Community Solutions > Launch
- Choose a tag from the dropdown in the “Explore” tab. Alternatively, you can search for solution keywords using the search feature at the top of the add-on.
- Browse the solutions for the tag.
- Click on a sheet to review the details. In some cases, a solution may require dependent sheets or columns. The add-on will add dependent sheets & columns if necessary.
- Choose “Add to spreadsheet” for any solutions you want to add.
The add-on sidebar will indicate it’s installing the sheet and one or more tabs will appear in your Google Sheet. Post install, you’ll be directed to the “Help” tab for the solution where you can access the support topic in the community as well as existing topics about the solution.
Please note, these solutions are supported here in the Tiller Community and are not supported by Tiller’s success team via the chat tool or support email.
Use the Tiller Money Feeds add-on to feed your daily spending, transactions, and balances into the Google Sheet you’ve been using to experiment with these community solutions in 4 easy steps:
- Start your free trial if you haven’t already.
- Add financial accounts to the Tiller Console
- Install the Tiller Money Feeds add-on
- Launch the add-on in your Google Sheet to automated your data entry
Solutions that you install using the Tiller Community Solutions add-on are “managed solutions.” You can update or restore these by visiting the “Managed Solutions” pane in the add-on. Here you will see what solutions the add-on has installed and also if updated versions are available.
If an update is available, the add-on can update the solution to the latest version. The add-on can also restore a solution for you if you’ve made an edit that has caused an error in a dashboard.
- Launch (or Install) the Tiller Community Solutions add-on.
- Click the “Manage” tab
- Click the dropdown triangle for the solution you wish to update or restore.
- Choose “Update Solution” or “Restore Solution”.
- Choose whether you want to overwrite existing or create an archive.
- Copy configuration data from the archive to the new version if necessary
NOTE: We recommend archiving sheets that have configuration data, especially the Accounts sheets. Other sheets that often contain configuration data are Debt Progress, Statements, Spending Money, and the Holiday Gift Tracker.
You can get more details and quickly access the help content about an installed solution using the following steps:
- Click on the installed solution’s tab at the bottom of your Google Sheet
- Launch the Tiller Community Solutions add-on from the Add-ons menu at the top of the Google Sheet. You can also choose Solutions > Get Help.
- Click the “Help” tab
- Click to navigate to the support documentation or recent threads about the solution.
You can review the version history for changes, fixes, and upgrades made to the solution under Manage Solutions in the sidebar.
Tiller Community Solutions add-on installation and mechanics are supported by the Tiller team. The add-on itself is a Tiller product that serves as a delivery mechanism for solutions created by Tiller Community members. Solutions, workflows, and tools installed or managed within the add-on are supported by the Tiller Community.
The Tiller Community Solutions add-on uses metadata to read and write version metadata to individual sheets in your Google spreadsheet. Feed Bot powered Google Sheets created prior to August 26, 2019 do not have any version metadata information for Transactions, Categories, and Balance History. The Tiller Community Solutions add-on can understand what these sheets should look like and will ask you to adopt them and assign version metadata upon first startup in your sheet. This helps determine whether solutions available in the Tiller Community Solutions add-on are compatible or not.
“See, edit, create, and delete your spreadsheets in Google Drive”
Allows access to the Google Sheets v4 API to execute batch changes to spreadsheets— like inserting new sheets and updating existing ones
“Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications”
Implements the sidebar user interface
“Connect to an external service”
Fetches the Tiller-hosted solutions list
“Allow this application to run when you are not present”
Loads user-interface code & html assets stored in the add-on
Due to the permissions and scopes required for the add-on at this time you cannot use the add-on with a Google account that has Advanced Protection turned on. Our recommendation right now is to install and run the add-on using a separate Google account that does not have advanced protection turned on.
If you have a question or need help first search the community to see if someone has already asked and if not click here to quickly post a question about this tool in the Google Sheets category.
Be sure to customize the title of your post with keywords about the issue or question so others can easily find the Q&A in search.