Downloaded transactions are 4/5 days behind date

Was just wondering why my transactions are 4/5 days behind the date? So today is the 1st, just ran update and only got all the transactions up to the 26th.

Is this a bank setting or just generally how banks work?

If you haven’t received recent cleared transactions in the last 24 hours try manually refreshing accounts from the Tiller Console and then update your sheet. Once a refresh is successful, you should be able to pull in your most recent transactions that have posted to your account. Pending transactions will not be pulled in.

Do banks always have the transactions pending for a few days? I have already spent the money so why is it pending… kinda broken logic.

Most transactions take a few days to clear, depending on which network they take place on. There’s actually a lot going on behind the scenes involving multiple companies. The merchant authorizes your transaction at the POS. Later, usually daily, they send all of their authorized transactions to their processor. The processor then collects from the bank minus the various cuts and sends the merchant their proceeds, minus their own cut. Transactions on the debit network (I can’t remember the actual name offhand) settle a little quicker, sometimes instantaneously. And ALL of this happens faster than it did not so long ago when we wouldn’t even notice such things because by the time we got the statement in the mail everything was taken care of. :laughing:

But short answer, yes this is normal.

1 Like

I’ve experienced no downloaded transactions since Sept 30, to my worksheet. The daily summary, from Tiller, shows new transactions (I know they’re coming), but not to the sheet. This came after I downloaded/installed the new Savings Budget. Is there something I need to “refresh”, disable, etc to make it import/show up in my worksheet?

@john.warren3 did you turn on Auto Update in the Tiller Money Feeds add-on under Settings? That will ensure that transactions we’ve been able to pull automatically (if they show in the daily summary they’re available) get added to the sheet once a day (usually 12-3AM). There can be cases where the time we pull the data happens after that daily auto update and you’ll need to launch the Tiller Money Feeds add-on to pull the latest data into your sheet. The Auto Update setting is on a per sheet basis.

THAT WAS IT! I think I had added many add-ons from Tiller over the past 3 years and I accidentally removed this one. Thank you for helping! Key - have to have both Money Feeds and Money Labs installed. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Today, I noticed that I had no new transactions since Nov 6th. That was odd. I then went to the Account Summary on the Tiller Money sheet, saw that no accounts had been refreshed in 3-5 days. I opened Money Feeds on my worksheet, clicked Update Sheets, and it did, but nothing changed. I then went to each account on the Tiller Money and had to refresh them. This was somewhat painful.
I then launched Money Feeds again, launched Update Sheets from the Money Feeds, and then the transactions came in.
What happened?!?

Same here, transactions several days behind for all accounts…

Mine are about 2 weeks behind, and I’ve refreshed them already. What’s the deal???

Just checking you have also done a Fill? It’s a two step process - refresh and fill.