I am using the Tiller Budget Template (not Foundation Template). The scripts seems to have stopped working on my Monthly Budget tab. I was able to put my budget amounts in at the beginning of June, but since then the scripts have seemed to stop working on that tab. Transactions are updating and when categorized the scripts run, but I cannot make any adjustments to the budget numbers, using the ‘b=/+’ shortcuts or switch to previous month’s budgets from the drop downs in the upper right corner. Not sure what happened in the last week. I tried doing a restore on the tab, but that didn’t work either. Anything else I can try to get them to start working again???
That is troubling, @matthew.fuller526. You might try uninstalling the Tiller add-on and reinstalling it. The add-on contains onEdit() “triggers” that fire and process the spreadsheet whenever you type. I’m hoping that those triggers will be reinstalled when you re-add the add-on. (I haven’t seen that behavoir before.)
@randy Tried the Tiller and Money Feeds add ons, no luck. I wouldn’t think Labs would change it right??
I’ve been wracking (racking??? wrecking??? I am a math guy not and english guy.) my brain to see if there was anything else I may have changed in that time frame that would have caused any problems, and I can’t think of anything. I am not sure I even opened the spreadsheet during that time. It is also weird, to me at least, that it works when I categorize on the Transactions tab but not on Monthly Budget.
My Monthly Budget sheet is not auto-populating the Budget numbers I set in my Categories sheet. There is a #REF! at the top. However the Actual Expenses do populate just fine. Having the same issue on my Yearly Budget sheet the Income Budget is not auto-populating. However the Expense Budget populates fine on the yearly budget sheet. I’m just entering back into this after a few months and am novice. I don’t know if I have the Tiller Budget Template or Foundation Template? I do have the Tiller Money Feeds add-on. It seems like these scripts were erased or no longer work for these budget sheets to populate. Could there be an easy fix?? I don’t want to tinker and lose the work especially the hundreds of transactions I have categorized manually. Any suggestions??
Hi, I am reporting that today the adjust cells have stopped working for me. Unsure if I accidentally altered something else in the sheet prior but I have not experienced this issue before. Tried restoring the dashboard and analyzing the budget history a number of times to no avail as well as reinstalling the Envelope Budget add-on. The adjust column either doesn’t update the sheet at all or takes an extremely long time.
Regarding the Savings Budget sheet- I’ve been using the Envelope Budget sheet for about a month and am comfortable with its functionality so far. Are there any plans to deprecate it in the far (or near) future? And if so, are there any migration tools available to move my data from the Envelope Budget sheet to the new one?
I have the issue for the ‘b=/+’ scripts not working again, but it is only for the last few rows of the Monthly Budget tab. It works up to row 102, but rows 103-111 are not working. I have been going around it by using the Adjust Category feature, mostly because I haven’t had a chance to ask the question in here. I tried Analyze Budgets History, but no help. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the add ons, again no help. What is the next step to try?
As @heathersaid, @matthew.fuller526, we are no longer developing or supporting the Envelope Budget. I peeked at the template and the code and didn’t see an obvious reason the formulas & scripts wouldn’t work down to row 270. You might check the named ranges in the spreadsheet to see if one of the ranges ending in AdjustBudgetRange has been trimmed down to the limited range you mention.
Please switch to the Savings Budget which is built for compatibility with more recent conventions.
Thanks @randy! There was a range that was limited to row 102, after correcting the range and doing an Analyze Budgets History, the scripts are working in the lower rows again.
Knowing this is off topic for the thread, I watched the webinar on the Savings Budget, and, although you made it sound like a more simply solution and it adds one feature I wish I had (tracking budget adjustments during the month), I am leery to make the switch as my current one does everything else I need and want at the moment, has a few years worth of data, and I don’t know what the switch over is going to entail. I also want to work with a zero-based/envelope style budget, which my understanding at the time, the Envelope Budget was the only one that worked that way. I will do a little more research into the Savings Budget and maybe that means having to run two at the same time for a little while.
As for the Savings Budget, the main advantages are that it is more performant, less dependent on scripts, less brittle, and built to better integrate with Labs and the latest templates. All that said, if you are getting everything you need out of your current spreadsheet, there is no rush to make the switch. Just wait until something breaks or you are no longer happy.