Excel Transaction Tracker and Filter

What is the goal of your workflow? What problem does it solve, or how does it help you?
This sheet shows transaction details based on multiple optional criteria.
How did you come up with the idea for your workflow?
I wanted to be able to view transactions and not have to keep switching the filters on the top of the list. I wanted to be able to quickly modify, add and remove filters and only view key columns.
Please describe your workflow. What are the sheets? Does it use any custom scripts or formulas?
It uses two extra worksheets, the Transaction Query sheet and a Uniques sheet. The Unique sheet was my way to quickly put some of the filterable items into one sheet, and have it sorted, and readily available for any calculation in the workbook.
The Transaction Query sheet contains the filters and details.
Anything else you’d like people to know?

1. All fields are optional, but if you put in a specific date, that will override the Month filters.
  2. Your Transaction sheet has to have the following columns, in this specific order:
    Date-Description-Category-Amount-Account-Tags-Account #-Institution-Month-Week-Transaction ID-Check Number-Full Description-Categorized Date-Metadata -Date Added-Note
    I am not 100% sure which columns are the default and which ones were added throughout the year using Google. If you are missing a column or have it in a different place, you can simply move it on your Transactions sheet.
  3. If you use the web to view the sheet, the checkbox for Has Note won’t work. To get around that, you can simply type “TRUE”/“FALSE” in the cell.

Is it ok for others to copy, use, and modify your workflow?
Yes
If you said yes above, please make a copy of your workflow and share the copy’s URL:

Please note that after you copy the two sheets into your own workbook, you need to update the link on the formula to your current workbook.
To do this, type “Links” in the search bar, then “Update Source” and paste your workbook’s path/URL. The formulas should now be pointing to your own sheet.

This is awesome @yossiea, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

How can one find the below path/URL?

The way I do it is open the file from OneDrive, but open using the Excel app. (If you have OneDrive synced on your computer, you can just open from there as well.)
Then go to File/Info/Copy Path.

It would be something like this:
https://d.docs.live.net/d09XXXX6c9XXXX03/Tiller-Foundation-3.0.12.xlsx

One other thing to keep in mind, (and I’ll edit the first post) is if you use the web to view the sheet, the checkbox for Has Note won’t work. To get around that, you can simply type “TRUE” in the cell.