Feedback & Bugs for Tiller Labs Add-on

Hmm, this is a little tricky to diagnose. Since you installed the budget from the Tiller Labs add-on (I think) try restoring it from the add-on under the Managed Solutions area and see if that helps.

Did you add any custom columns in your Categories sheet? Transactions sheet?

Heather

I recently updated the versions of some of my Tiller Labs Add-ons (Quick Insights, Accounts, & Monthly Budget) and now the dashboard that’s associated with the Tiller Business add-on is broken. The problem seems to be that all of the data fields from the dashboard sheets are stuck “loading.” I’ve tried restoring to a previous version but google sheets won’t let me and also tried logging out and back on again. Any idea what’s going on?

The most likely issue is that you’re using a version of the template that relies on a custom function called TILLER_PERIODPRESET() that is embedded in either the Tiller add-on or the Tiller Labs add-on. Is this function in the first row that says loading in column AD? If yes, is it possible one of the add-ons isn’t running in session you have the spreadsheet open in?

For performance and simplicity, we have stripped that custom function out of the current version of the template and replaced it with a long-ish in-cell formula.

On a related note, in my personal business template, that cell (in AD) is shifted over six cells in and is in column X. This suggests you’re either using an old version of the template or maybe made some modifications?

Curious to hear your answers.
Randy

Hi Randy,

The function in AD is in fact the TILLER_PERIODPRESET() function. Though it does seem to be working now for whatever reason.

To your point about the location of the formula in cell AD, I did add a few column in to add a couple of custom graphs but until now, that has had no bearing on the original graph functions.

It sounds like it was an issue with the TILLER_PERIODPRESET() custom function in the add-on not loading properly. Custom functions are cool— since one can use Apps Script to do heavy lifting— but they load slowly and don’t fill if the add-on or bound script isn’t present.

I’m glad to hear you’ve made some upgrades to the stock template to suit your needs… that’s what is so great about spreadsheets. There is no pressure to upgrade at all (because your customizations will be overwritten) but, if you continue to have issues with the custom function, you can consider using the Restore Dashboard workflow in the Tiller add-on to fetch the new version. I’d recommend making a copy of your version of sheet (in the spreadsheet) before it is overwritten.

Finally, we have flagged a bug in TILLER_PERIODPRESET(). It can be off by a day or two due to timezone issues. Hopefully I’ll get that fixed in the next week or so.

Best,
Randy

It seems I spoke too soon. The errors I mentioned previously are resolved. However, now there is no account data listed in B:I. Looking through the formulas used in those columns, it seems that the problem lies somewhere within AD1:AN7. But, I don’t know enough about the formulas used in those cells to trace the problem. I suspect the issue is somewhere in AK1:AN7 but the other cells are mentioned within that block so I can’t discount the possibility of an error there.

If it’s helpful, I can set the page to show formulas to help further diagnose the problems.

Thoughts?

ETA: Solution found here:
https://community.tillerhq.com/t/accounts-sheet-issue-downstream-solutions-broken-after-upgrading-sheet/782/4

So, @mgodwin, you resolved this by restoring the sheet? And you believe it broke because you restored/upgraded an upstream sheet (like Accounts)?

Just checking in…
Randy

My simple business p&l report is still messed up. I already posted about this and was told it is a known issue regarding bugs about the dates causing some amounts to be reported in the wrong monthly column. Please provide an update as to ETA. I wish this was getting higher priority. I rely on this alot and have been handicapped for at least a month and it has me very frustrated. A p&l report is pretty important when trying to do anything related to finance, right? I really love tiller but i found myself spending some time today looking at other tools. Please advise. Thanks, Blake

Hi @Blake,

We transitioned the P&L reporting functionality to the Tiller Labs add-on last week to address this issue. (It’s also still available in the Tiller add-on, but due to timezone issues some users are encountering this bug in Tiller Money Feeds sheets).

Give it a try and let us know if it’s working for you.

Heather

2 Likes

Heather:

My initial review says it looks good. I will let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks,

Blake

Comment - Please consider creating a place where you share issues, bugs, fixes, enhancements, etc. where users and community members can go to keep current on such items.

@Blake, great idea! We were just discussing that on Tuesday and were thinking a dedicated topic in the community might work because customers could engage with the information and reply/ask questions.

In the Category Tracker sheet, cells B6 and E6 should refer to the range starting at row 7. They currently start at row 8, missing the first row when summing.

Thanks for letting us know! We’ll take a look and push an update to this sheet when we’ve verified and fixed.

Thanks @galatic_incipient,
You are correct. That formula is missing row 7.

We have fixed it and the update is now available in the Tiller Labs Add-on. Go to Manage Solutions and update your sheet from Category Tracker v2.00 to 2.01.

Hey y’all, I assume you are aware of this, but the Tiller Labs Add-on does not work if you have Google Advanced Protection activated on your account. Is there any way to use the templates from the labs add-on without installing the add-on?

Hi @will,

We are aware that the permissions/scopes for the Tiller Labs add-on are too broad for use when you have Advanced Protection on. We don’t have a timeline or plan for reducing the permission set at this time. The workaround is to use/authorize the Tiller Labs add-on using a gmail account that doesn’t have advanced protection on.

Heather

1 Like

Extremely minor detail… I think there is a rounding error in the code that creates the automatically calculated split amounts in the Split Transaction tool.

When I clicked the fourth ‘Add Split’ it pre-populated the suggested amount 1 cent shy of the actual remaining difference. Interestingly, it recognized that it had done this and suggested the totals were 1 cent off before I committed the split. (See the bottom of the screenshot.)

M

@heather

In the Monthly Analysis sheet, I am seeing #Ref! errors for Oct-Dec 2020 in the cells that are the subtotals of the various sections. The actual individual Category lines are OK.

These months coincide with the columns AA-AC in my Categories sheet and I think the problem is related to columns having double letter identifiers.

Please let me know if this is the right place to report the issue or if I should have used the Support Page for the sheet itself. Thanks.

@martha.rudkin,

Try restoring this sheet using the Tiller Labs add-on under Managed Solutions (you don’t need to archive - you can overwrite existing).

If that doesn’t work you may be missing some dependent sheet or column headers.

Heather

Hello, I am currently getting this error on the Tags Report page: =IF(O12,“This report is based on tags added to the ““Tags”” column in the Transactions sheet”,“The required ““Tags”” column is missing from the Transactions sheet. Use the Tiller Labs add-on to reinstall this sheet”). I would love help figuring out what is wrong.