Anyone tried 2FA by Symantec VIP Access for Fidelity?

Hi,
I am thinking about enabling the more robust symantec 2FA on my Fidelity account? However, Fidelity says that it “may” mess with services like quicken. Has anyone tried this with Tiller and if so how did it go?

2FA by Symantec VIP Access app

Through our partnership with Symantec, use Symantec’s free Validation and ID Protection (VIP) Access app, which generates a randomized 6-digit code on your Mac, PC, or mobile phone each time you attempt to log in. To complete your login, you‘ll then be prompted to enter the code from your VIP app, which is valid for 30 seconds.

Enable VIP Access today with our simple 2-step process:

nobody has tried this i guess

VIP Access works with E*Trade but I have not tried with Fidelity.

I haven’t tried this @joek but I would expect it wouldn’t play nicely with Yodlee/Tiller. Fidelity is on the short list for an open banking site this year, I believe so I think after that is live it would work fine because you’re logging in directly to bank site when it’s an open banking connection.

I ended up trying Symantec 2FA for Fidelity and it works fine with Tiller. You just have to add the step of authenticating with your app each time you refresh. It adds alot of security so in my opinion it is worth it.

2 Likes