Frequency of Balance History updates?

Did this ever get resolved? I’m having a similar experience. No balance updates in 24 days, however, transactions keep arriving (hurray!)

Hi @john.warren3,

Sorry for the delayed reply here. If you can please reach out directly to support@tillerhq.com with more details on specific accounts that are not receiving balances (but are receiving transactions) that is most helpful.

@adekunledauda, please do the same if you’re also still experiencing issues. Data feed issues are more easily handled directly via support@tillerhq.com because we can access the logs associated with your Tiller account to determine the issue and take action.

I wrote to support without an answer. I even share the foundation template and no one bother to look at it or contact me.

@john.warren3 @adekunledaudpla

I agree, Tiller needs to do a better job by replying in a more timely manner. But we as users can do more too. If you do not get a reply in a day or two, then follow up. Send another post. Contact support. Reach out to this community. Do something. Don’t just sit there and stew (brood angrily). As that old saying goes…the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Blake

@adekunledauda,

According to our conversation history I was the last person to reply to you via support messaging system without a response or follow up from you answering my questions. If customers don’t provide further detail or follow up when we ask questions we typically close the conversation after a few days to manage conversation volume. It’s just too much for us to leave open conversations sitting without response from the customer. The conversation automatically re-opens if a customer replies at some point.

I’ll follow up via both of those threads directly to see where you are with this issue and continue trying to get it resolved.

Heather

@john.warren3 @adekunledauda Were your balance history update issues ever resolved?

Posting an update here about my own personal experience with Balance History Update issues.

Working w/ Tiller I was informed that I was set up on their original api to pull in banking info, and needed to update to their current one, following various steps and readding all accounts. Which I did.

From 1/16/20-1/20/20 everything worked quite well, and then magically it stopped working. It was quite nice to be able to open up my Tiller sheet and have everything updated and ready to go. But now back to trouble shooting with Tiller.

Hi @jtbarron,

Are you clicking “update sheets” in the Tiller Money Feeds add-on and not getting any data or are you still using a Feed Bot sheet and it’s not pulling balance data or no data at all?

Are you visiting the Tiller Console to refresh accounts?

The APIs work a little differently so you may notice you need to visit the Console to refresh accounts more often than you’re used to in order to get data pulled into your sheet. Your transition to the new API was optional, (please let me know if that was not clear in my communications via support threads with you) and the hope was that the experience would improve, not deteriorate. The switch to the new API is very manual right now, as you know, and we’re working to build the pieces necessary to automate this experience before asking customers to transition.

@heather

Yes, I am clicking ‘update sheets’ in the Tiller Money Feeds add-on, and it actually never completes but rather runs and runs and runs but at a certain point, maybe after about 5 minutes, I notice balance updates in the balance history sheet.

To be clear, everything works in my Tiller Foundation Template, except for balance history updates. Transaction updates work perfectly fine.

Am I visiting Tiller Console to refresh accounts? Yes, about once a week. It should be noted though, I have my Tiller Foundation Template I use daily, and I created a ‘New Tiller Foundation Template’ to compare the two after the api switch. The ‘New Tiller Foundation Template’ has continued to work no problems, my Tiller Foundation Template, has not.

Yes, it was clear transitioning to the new api was completely optional. However, from my perspective, if I’m to use Tiller, it needs to work, so I felt I had to make the switch if I wanted to continue to use Tiller.

I have no concerns about the manual process of the api switch. Took a few hours, but then its done. I do have concerns about my sheet working though. I just want it to work.

The amount of time I’ve spent troubleshooting this the last few weeks is really adding up.

No. I had spent too much time to make it work with no success. I just don’t want to worry about it anymore. I’m looking at moving to Excel Version.

For the record, the same thing happens to me too? I click “update sheets” and it spins forever but I eventually get transactions and balance history. It never stops spinning. I eventually just close the side bar.

Blake

@jtbarron - I did get it working. I created a new budget from the Tiller Sheets. I then added each account back individually and, as I added them, I ran the Tiller Feeds update sheets. I watched the spinning, and then the results, e.g. “1 account updated, 2000 balances updated”.
After I added all of the accounts that I desired, I then copied the contents, NOT the archved sheet, of transactions and categories to the new file. I ran the tiller feeds again, watched the calcs come in and the Balances sheet update.
THEN - I went to the Balance History sheet, went to the very bottom, and deleted all rows from previous years, until 1/1/2019. This is still about 6,000 rows.
As of today, with 15 accounts, my Balance History sheet has 8275 lines. And it is working.
I may have corrupted my original file by deleting all histories prior to 6/30/2019 or something. I’d also added a few accounts to show up in my Balances sheet, adding a few rows for them in the balance history sheet, and giving them unique IDs, like “1”, or “2”, etc.
These two actions are the only thing I can think of that I did that may have corrupted my file.
Hope this helps!

@john.warren3

Thanks for this info. Sounds like I did everything you mentioned you have done to get it working, with one exception, the manual accounts I added in previously, I’ve left in there. I suppose this could be the reason its not updating, but I’ve no clue why it would have worked for 4-5 days straight to then just stop.

Suppose next step for me is to delete out the manual account balance updates and see if it starts working again. Thanks for your feedback on this, appreciate it!

@Blake

It sounds like you’re balance history sheet is not updating automatically as well, as Tiller markets it, seeing as you have to click ‘update sheet’. And yes, I could open up the side bar, click ‘update sheet’, watch it spin for 5 minutes and then have balance upates. But my rub is, well, its marketed as an automated solution for both transactions and balance updates, but only my transactions update automatically.

I think I shared this with you via direct support email @jtbarron, but we are working fervently on the fix for this automated balance update issue.

@jtbarron and @Blake and anyone else in this thread that was not able to update their balances when all accounts were checked (due to large data set issues), please give it a try. We have pushed out our first attempted fix at this issue today. Recommend refreshing accounts on the Tiller Console first or waiting until tomorrow - just so there is actually data available to pull - or if you have a high volume of accounts you can test by creating a new Google Sheet, linking all accounts to it, and see if the update process finishes and pulls all balances for all accounts in.

Thanks!

Happy to report I received a full update for all my accounts this morning, for both balance updates and transactions!

1 Like

Mine seems to be working as well. I had some duplicates that I just cleaned up. Will monitor and let you know if I have any issues going forward. Blake

1 Like

@heather

Update, since my latest reply on 3/6/20 I’m only receiving balance updates on anywhere from 8-17 of my accounts. For reference I have 26 accounts linked. But it is updating daily for at least 8 accounts

Hi @jtbarron,

Are all 17 accounts linked to the sheet? Check under “linked accounts”

Perhaps you didn’t re-link all of them from when you were updating in batches.

Another thing might be that those institutions need a refresh on the Tiller Console under Account Summary and are just waiting for 2FA codes.

Heather