How do I start over with a completely new Foundation Spreadsheet?

I gave up trying to “fix” my poorly crafted Budget. Besides, so much has changed with my financial situation that I am afraid of not only wasting a lot more of my time, but not confident more tweaking will result in an accurate record of my accounts. So… I like Tiller Money, but wish to start over with a clean sheet. What is the best way to do this? IOW… do I just open a new Foundation Budget (use a new name)? Or cancel my subscription and open a new one?..???

You should be able to just download a new template and hit the road. Set up your accounts in your new template and you are good to go. You might want to name it differently just to keep from confusing yourself. And you might want to unhook your accounts from the old one. But, restarting is pretty easy. My first few months with Tiller, I restarted probably 4 or 5 times :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s hard to believe it will be that simple, but THANK YOU for your timely reply! I will mark this as the solution once I am able to successfully do this.

2 Likes

@susandennis is right. I would add that when transferring your data to a different sheet and you need to move over your categorized transactions, categories, and manual balances you can follow the steps in the guide below to transition.

1 Like

It is NOT that simple. I kept getting updates to my worksheet that I didn’t want. I finally discovered that I needed to delete the Budget Sheet in my Google Drive. Every time I made a change, it meshed it with the old data. Only until I completely removed all remnants of the old Budget Sheet, was I able to start over with a clean slate and not be overruled by an automatic response.

Hi Warren,

The link to this guide is now broken. Would you mind updating it? Thanks in advance.

(Migrating an existing data set to a new sheet)

This might help…

Migrate your financial data between spreadsheets