How do you dynamically track stock investments?

I have been using the Portfolio sheet in Tiller for about 8 weeks now. I have a company-sponsored 401K with mutual funds primarily in Fidelity. After digging through Fidelity’s web site and Google searches, I have come up with ticker symbols. However, the ticker symbol and my # of shares does not seem to come close to the total value of each fund that I own. Anyone have a similar issue? Also, how do you dynamically track the # of shares that are being bought of each fund in the 401K through Tiller? Is there a sheet that I have missed somewhere? I am not looking for something that I have to manually update with the # of shares that I own from time to time, but something that will dynamically update those shares as they are purchased through my payroll deduction.

@bwentwor,

Sorry for the delay here. We have Holdings History (which I think is what you’re asking for) in a private beta.

You can join the waitlist here.

1 Like

@heather Any idea when this will be generally available?

However, the ticker symbol and my # of shares does not seem to come close to the total value of each fund that I own. Anyone have a similar issue?

You may want to confirm if your 401k administrator is using proprietary funds. I can’t effectively track my wife’s 401k via ticker symbol because they don’t’ exist since most of their funds are “in-house” and not available to the general public.

Hi @lee1 no timelines on this right now. Sorry!

@heather It’s been almost a year. And atleast 2 years since the beta was announced. Is anyone being let into the beta? And will it ever launch? Or is this dead.

I would suggest not using Tiller for this type of activity.
I am a huge Tiller fan when it comes to expense tracking and budgeting but for investment tracking, too see investment allocations, net worth etc I use Empower. It’s free and probably the best tool out there for such activity

1 Like