How to Simply Archive a Sheet Once the Year Ends?

At the end of each year, I would like to archive a sheet (disconnecting it from Tiller) so no more data is fed. What is the best way to do this? Example flow:

• Jan 1, 2021: begin tracking

• Dec 31, 2021: end tracking

• Archive sheet (disconnected from tiller, hard data only)

• Jan 1, 2022: begin tracking

Great question, @hbwilliams22…
And you must have a “future mindset” to be thinking about this riddle in October. :wink:

There are several ways to do this, but, if it were me, this is what I would do…

1. Create a copy of your 2021 spreadsheet
  2. Delete any 2021 data from your existing (formerly 2021) spreadsheet

The copy/archive/2021 spreadsheet will not be linked or connected to your feeds. The formerly-2021 spreadsheet will remain connected and will start filling with 2022 data.

I think this is the least complicated and least brittle way to do what you want.

1 Like

Ok great this was my plan. When I create a copy of the sheet I can still see that it has Tiller-Labs/Community as an Add-On option. With this said, the copy sheet will not receive transactions in the new year?

That’s right for two reasons…

1. The transactions would come in through the Tiller Money Feeds add-on rather than than the Tiller Community Solutions add-on.
  2. When you link a sheet with the Tiller Money Feeds add-on, the spreadsheet’s unique ID is coupled in the Tiller back end services. Copying your spreadsheet in the manner above :point_up: will still leave only the original sheet linked to the Tiller subscription service.
1 Like