I created a streamlit Python app that reads the transactions and creates cool interactive plots in bokeh

Overview

My preferred form of analysis and visualization has been Python and using the pandas library for managing csv’s. With this new streamlit app, I was able to (1) automatically load the tiller transactions worksheet (using a secure authentication API so that the view cannot see the raw data and there is no downloading of private data), (2) process the data using pandas, and (3) create interactive visualizations and summaries of the data. All this is done behind the scenes so that whenever the tiller transactions sheet is updates, the app is automatically updated (no need to manually transfer the data or rerun any scripts. Ultimately, this allows full flexibility for visualizing and analyzing the data since Python has an enormous amount of features; the sky’s the limit! Here is a link to some of the visuals I’ve created in this app (with made-up transaction data). Again, it automatically pulls data from the tiller sheet so it works really smoothly.

Installation & Setup

This actually requires a little bit of expertise in python, github repos, and using streamlit. I can gladly share the git repo and more instructions if others are interested.

Usage

There is not that needs to be done once the app is synced with the Transaction sheet. You just open up the streamlit app which automatically pulls the data. So as long as your tiller google sheet is up to date you are good to go!

Permissions

I can gladly share the repo and steps if others are interested.

Some more screen shots

This is awesome! I use Python + Streamlit all the time for work and found this on my hunt for better ways to access tiller data on my phone. Would love to see the repo so that I can build something similar with my own data.

this is awsome. would you be willing to share the github repo? I would not need any guidance, I know python and streamlit!

This is very neat! Similar to the other comments I also like using Python & Streamlit for visualization. Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

I’ll add my name to the others who are interested in the Github repo.

It looks like great work.

It’s always interesting to see the data with visualizations that makes it easy to understand the data better.

I’ve used Power BI to setup a dashboard to get a glace of my spending habits and the account balances.
And have documented it too. Here’s the link for that if anyone’s interested. You don’t have to be an Techie to set that up.

However, I’m interested to know how to set this up with Streamlit too. Would love to get the access to the github repo.