Ideas to manage Insurance bills and benefits

Has anyone developed a good way to match the co pay charges you pay which we put on our credit cards to the benefit statements, deductibles etc. that the health insurance companies provide? The data never lines up easily and it’s hard to audit the health insurance providers.

1 Like

That would be a good one to have. I feel like there is some standardization among credit card statements, making it relatively easy to reconcile them with Tiller. But when it comes to insurance, they seem all over the place. Feels like the same dates/charges are shown on multiple statements, which makes it difficult to track if they were paid or not, and difficult to come up with a system that links a particular payment with a particular statement. Maybe some vendors are better than others, but not sure I’m ready to delve into that can of worms yet. If you, or anyone else can come up with something, please share!

Even aligning the information for manual entry, if someone has a spreadsheet template that they are using and could share, it would be a great help. For me, I wonder if it’s possible to build a calendar view through which to match the different pieces of information.

I’m not a power spreadsheet user, just getting started here.