IMPORTRANGE() with Filter

I’m Filtering my importrange using the method tiller outlined in “filter-your-importrange-data-in-google-sheets” exactly. However, it is producing a “formula parse error”

I tested that function without the filter (importrange only) and it works fine. The sheets are connected. I think there is something wrong with the formula

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Can you share the formula ? (Change the spreadsheet ID , the long series of numbers and letters). You might have an extra " or , in the wrong place.

=FILTER(IMPORTRANGE(“SHEET ID,”Transactions!A:L”), INDEX(IMPORTRANGE(“SHEET ID,”Transactions!A:L”),0,4)=”Groceries”)

You need to surround both sides of the SHEET ID with ".
In your example, you only have " at the start of the SHEET ID. The double-quotes need to be on the end of both SHEET ID references too.

Also, sometimes copying single and double quotes can be a problem, if you browser turns them into starting and ending quotes.

What you copied uses starting and ending quote (not sure if that’s just in the Community or also in your spreadsheet too?)

=FILTER(IMPORTRANGE(“SHEET ID,”Transactions!A:L”), INDEX(IMPORTRANGE(“SHEET ID,”Transactions!A:L”),0,4)=”Groceries”)

They should look like this: (regular double-quotes and quotes added after SHEET ID):

=FILTER(IMPORTRANGE("SHEET ID","Transactions!A:L"), INDEX(IMPORTRANGE("SHEET ID","Transactions!A:L"),0,4)="Groceries")

1 Like

It worked! thank you so much

1 Like