Last Month to this Month

Hey Friends,

I am sure this has been covered a million times, so let’s try a million and one :wink:

I am not using the envelop method, but want to show my previous months checking account balance in my budget (rolled over basically). Any suggestions on how best to do this?

Planned on spending X number last month, but actually going to spend it this month instead and still have the money in the account.

Thank you!

@brandonscottgardner are you using the Tiller Foundation template? That’s the default template for budgeting with Tiller, and by default that doesn’t come with a way to roll over balances in the budget. Lucky for you (and me!), Tiller just released the Savings Budget sheet that can support rollover. I think it is what you’re looking for. You just add the Savings Budget sheet and use that instead of the default Monthly Budget sheet. The details are in this post: Add the Savings Budget sheet

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you, @matt!

No problem! One of the things I like best about Tiller is how many different ways there are to use it, but that does sometimes make it more difficult to find the thing you’re looking for.