Leveraging ImportRange For Foundational Sheets Across Multiple Workbooks

Because Tiller Foundation template workbook slows down if too many new sheets are introduced I’m trying to break out my personal finance workfflow into multiple workbooks.

1. A simple foundation template workbook
  2. A budget workbook that leverages Tiller Budget (Tiller Labs add on)
  3. Any other workbooks that I want to create and customize using Tiller Labs add ons.

I imported mint.com transactions starting from 2013 already into my foundation template.

It would be much easier to simply use tiller feed updates via my foundation template and then leverage importrange function for other sheets in other workbooks so I don’t have to replicate updates in transactions sheet, categories sheet, etc across the different workbooks.

I would like to know if this is possible and how I should go about executing this setup. Thanks!

Hey @Blake! Im aware of that documentation. The issue I am running into is that when I try to import range my transactions sheet from my foundation template into my transactions sheet in my budget workbook, I get this error message.
Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 9.57.53 AM

Since that wasn’t working, I simply copy and pasted my transactions from the foundation template to budget template and then updated sheets using money feed add on in budget template. This didn’t work as expected and just populated duplicate transactions at the bottom of the transaction sheet below everything I had already pasted.

I decided to keep it simple and just start fresh and not try to import historical transactions since its not really necessary for budget tracking past a few months prior.