Manage Duplicates: hangs on run, doesn't complete

I have a question about the Manage Duplicates workflow from Tiller Money Labs.

I’ve flagged duplicates (way too many, another topic), and have pressed the “deleted flagged duplicates” button. The function has run overnight - twice now - to no effect. Is there a way to sort the flagged items and delete them manually?

@randy, any advice on this one?

Hey @TomWIN! I’m really sorry it has taken so long to get back to you on this.

Unfortunately, it is likely that something in your spreadsheet is causing the “deleted flagged duplicates” code to crash. (It isn’t running overnight, it is crashing probably after a few seconds and never clearing the activity animation— I know, this UX could be improved.)

I have seen a few crashes in this workflow in our crashlogs… and I’m guessing your spreadsheet may be one of them.

Would you be willing to share your spreadsheet privately? I’d probably just need a copy of the Transactions sheet.

Thanks,
Randy

Sure - how do I do that?

Thanks, Tom

I sent you an email via our support system, @TomWIN. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Randy

That’s done, please let me know when you’ve had a chance to look at it. I’m getting so many duplicates these days that the system is basically unusable for me (really frustrating, as I migrated from the old system and put a lot of time into getting it set up a few months ago).

Thanks for your help,
Tom

Randy I’m having the same problem! If there is anything you can do to help me I’d be so grateful. My Duplicates tool gets hung up on run.

Just responded in this thread, @maryhood.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Manage Duplicates Tool: Crashes During Scanning for Duplicates