Monthly Analysis stopped working

Same issue here, everything was fine a few days ago and I haven’t made any changes to the sheet

I am also having issues with the Monthly Analysis sheet in viewing Expenses for 2021. This was working fine a couple of days ago.

Whew glad it’s not just me. Same problem here. Tried removing, re-adding my sheet, but it didn’t fix it. I had a copy of my sheet too, which also had the same problem once I opened it and it refreshed the data. For a moment it was working (with the previous data).

Same issue here - glad other have identified it too. Has anyone found a solution?

Same issue. Hopefully @jono finds a solution

I’m having the same issue as well. Any help is appreciated -

Same!

I have identified a problem with the way Google sheets is now handling a formula. See above a few posts for the details.

I believe this is a new bug on Google’s end and we are investigating further. If we can’t get it resolved, we will likely need to adjust the formulas somehow to make it work.

Jon

1 Like

GOOD NEWS.
I’ve updated the Monthly Analysis sheet and the new version should solve the problem.
Use the Tiller Money Labs add-on to Manage Solutions and update to Version 1.04 of the Monthly Analysis sheet.

For those that are curious, i replaced the SWITCH() functions that were causing the problem with nested IF() functions. Not all SWITCH() functions stopped working. Only those when there was an IF inside with a range.

I also found a similar issue with the Bill Payment Tracker that could have caused in an issue in certain cases. If you use that sheet, updated to Version 1.04 as well.

Let us know if this fixes your sheet.

Jon

5 Likes

Hey Jono. No longer seeing SWITCH errors! Yay!!!

However, for the Bill Payment Tracker, now I’m seeing a ton of “no transactions” under “Last Paid” in Column D. The archived Bill Payment Tracker shows the values correctly.

@branadonshutter ,
Glad to hear the MA sheet no longer has errors.

On the Bill Payment Tracker, you might have the hidden settings set differently on the old and new sheets. Check the Bill Match On setting in W2. I think you might have Category set in one and Description set in the other.

The 1-cell change i made to the Bill Payment Tracker most likely would not cause the issue you are seeing.

1 Like

That was exactly it. Thanks again!

1 Like

My Monthly Analysis sheet is working correctly again. Thank you!!

1 Like

Confirm that it was fixed for me as well - thanks!

1 Like

Thank you SO much!! Works great again!

1 Like