Near-term Account Balance Forecast

There are

Did you checkbox the accounts you want to include- Column BO?

Thanks.

Hoping that this is still maintained (fingers crossed). Iā€™m setting one up now, in July 2023. One odd thing Iā€™ve noticed is Iā€™m setting it up to start in August, 2023ā€¦so I put so far Mortgage for an amount in as an expected bill, second of the month of August - all good. But at the top, when I select to start in August this does not work - it shows mortgage starting in December. When I set start month to April, then it acts like it is starting correctly everything in August. I can just leave it on April there if that will make it work, but was worried maybe I did something wrong when copying/setup or if this is expected?

Other question I had is my wife is paid bi-weeklyā€¦which means between 2 and 3 pays a month. I am thinking of putting three categories of like wife pay 1 and wife pay 2 and wife pay 3 and putting them in the table and changing the start date each month after I clear the old oneā€¦but not sure if I there is a better way or Iā€™ll run into some issue with it, so thought Iā€™d ask if this seems an ok approach or not if somebody has more experience with this sheet. I guess I could also add them as one-time things through the end of the year if I wanted to not mess with maintenance as much?

I currently do all this in a manual sheet today literally cross entering transactions like an old fashioned checkbook as the month goes on - hoping that tiller will at least make the maintenance level a bit less by pulling transactions over.

@bmwrider,

I use this function every week so yes and find it very useful, so Iā€™d be glad to help.

As for starting date, I updated mine to August (seeing if starting in a future month had anything to do with it) and the Upcoming Transactions populated correctly. Not sure whatā€™s going on.

Please take screenshots of Upcoming Transactions and Transaction Setup to shed more light into the issue.

As for bi-weekly; since itā€™s not the same date every month, it makes it complicated. Youā€™re idea is probably what I would do. There should be no issues as long as you change the dates after each one clears.

Thanks,
Scott

Hopefully this works on image upload (have to do multiple posts I guess as Iā€™m a new userā€¦) - I had to do it in chunks because category names etc have some personally identifiable information. If I set the starting month to March it works fine, starting in July - itā€™s always some months into the future when they start showing. Note the year is 2023 not 2022.

I also apparently have a reply limit, so I wonā€™t be able to reply anymore on this topic - Iā€™ll just mention thanks again and either way Iā€™ll keep using it at this point for the next month, see how it works compared to my old process which was much more manual with a lot of adding lines and copy/pasting all over the place.

Thanks.

Do you have the checkboxes checked to the right of the Transaction Setup? If those are checked for July, Aug, and Sept; then the next bills will be in October.

Also, please download the latest revision I just posted today (top of this post). I made some tweaks, nothing that I think should affect your issue; but try it.

Thanks.

Any chance there might be a weekly or bi-weekly option coming soon?

I can look into that, but not sure when Iā€™ll get to it; it may be a while. Iā€™ll post here when it happens.

Actually, spoke too soon. This is not going to happen. Let me explain.

I now remember taking a look at going to a frequency that is more than once per month. Since the checkboxes for when itā€™s completed (or downloaded) is every month for 1 year (12 checkboxes/columns for each transaction you setup); this would increase to 26 columns for bi-weekly or 52 columns for weekly.

I then thought about not going out a full year, but a full year allows me to see all my bigger expenses for the year in the setup; and I donā€™t want to lose that.

So in the end, I decided to not do any frequency more than once per month because it would blow this up or have major drawbacks for how I use it; and I didnā€™t see a benefit at all to the way I budget.

As mentioned above, I get paid twice a month so I created 2 transactions for each month- paycheck10 and paychek25.

Sorry to disappoint.

I appreciate the explanation and the quick reply. Iā€™m extremely grateful for this template, the current functionality is already helping so much. Iā€™m finding similar work arounds similar to your 2 paychecks a month but Ill keep hoping for a weekly solution one day too!

Thanks for the feedback. I use it constantly to make sure I have enough in my checking account to cover upcoming bills. If I ever decide to update to weekly, Iā€™ll post it here.

I would be greatly assisted by having a ā€œDescriptionā€ as well as ā€œCategory.ā€

TS

It also didnā€™t quite work right for me. @Cowboy13 I narrowed it down to having something to do with the <> ā€˜Hideā€™ restriction. I changed the query to say, ā€œCol 2 is not nullā€ and this showed most of my accounts, but the query isnā€™t filtering the ā€˜Hideā€™ Column correctly. I deleted the <> ā€˜Hideā€™ part of the query and this got all the accounts to show and went from there.

Other than that, thanks for a great spreadsheet! Really helpful.