What is the Net Worth Tracker?
The Tiller Labs Net Worth Tracker allows you to visualize your total net worth as well as trends over a customizable time period.
Tillers Money Feeds allow you to automatically import your daily account balances for easy tracking.
How to install the Net Worth Tracker template
You can add the Net Worth Tracker spreadsheet template from Tiller Labs to any Tiller-powered Google Sheet created with our new Money Feeds Google Sheets add-on (haven’t heard about our new Money Feeds add-on? read more here).
Adding the templates is a few quick clicks with the Tiller Labs add-on where you’ll also find other awesome solutions for your financial riddles.
1.Click here to install the Tiller Labs add-on from the Gsuite store (hint: click the “free” button in the upper right).
2. Authorize the add-on to run with the gmail account you use for Tiller.
3. Open the Google Sheet where you want to add the Net Worth Tracker.
4. Open the Add-ons menu and choose Tiller Labs > View Solutions
5. Accept the Tiller Labs and Privacy disclaimers to continue.
6. Click the Net Worth option from the list of Solutions.
7. Click Add to Sheet
8. The Net Worth sheet will be added along with any dependencies.
Net Worth Tracker Dependencies & Compatibility
- Balance History Sheet
- Accounts sheet v2
The Net Worth Tracker can only be installed via the Tiller Labs add-on in spreadsheets that have the latest version (v2) of the Accounts sheet. All sheets created after August 26, 2019 have v2 by default.
The Tiller Labs team reworked the Accounts sheet as an improvement to templates for the Tiller Money Feeds add-on, and removed the reliance on the Index Number column in the Balance History sheet. Accounts sheet v1 relies on the Index number, but v2 does not. This Net Worth Tracker requires the v2 Accounts sheet.
About the v2 Accounts Sheet
The new Accounts sheet is intended for overriding or customizing accounts only (i.e. correcting the class, asset or liability, and using Groups to organize your accounts). It does not include the ability to manually track balances as did the right side area of the v1 Accounts sheet.
How to get the v2 Accounts sheet
If your spreadsheet is still being fed by the Feedbot (Not sure? Check the permissions for the sheet and see if "Feedbot@tillerhq.com" is the owner) you can upgrade your Accounts sheet using the following steps:
- Rename the Accounts sheet (right click the tab) IF you have manual accounts on the right hand side (Accounts-Backup) (first, see What about manual balances in Accounts v2?) IF you do not have manual balances on the right side just delete this sheet
- Install a solution that requires the Accounts sheet and the new v2 sheet will be installed
Customizing the Net Worth Tracker
You can further customize your Net Worth Tracker by applying groups to your Accounts.
- Open the Accounts sheet
- Use the dropdown list in Column A to choose an account you’d like to assign to a group.
- Enter a Group name in column C for each account you selected.
How to manually track accounts
- Open the Balance History sheet (it might be hidden, click the four horizontal lines in the lower left corner of your sheet).
- Unhide the Account ID column (if it’s hidden)
- Insert a row above row 2
- Enter the information for your manual account including a unique Account ID.
This can be as simple as 1 as long as it’s unique from other entries and you will remember to reuse the same unique ID for this account for each new entry.
- Repeat these steps each time you want to add a new balance update for this manual account.
Note: We hope to have a less manual workflow available in the Tiller Money Feeds add-on later in 2019.
Now these manual accounts will be available in the Accounts sheet dropdown list in Column A.