Net worth tracker - end of month is still off for quarterly

See below - when the current quarter ends on a 30th it does not apply eomonth to each date. This can easily be fixed with an additional call to eomonth for the quarterly date ranges. Probably simplify the formulas a bit too with just a 90 day deduction.

Good catch, @alxpopa. I just updated a few formulas to address this. The new master (v2.52) is uploaded and available via the Tiller Money Labs add-on.

Can you let me know if it resolves the problem?

Thanks,
Randy

Sort of not. It still doesnt do quarters properly if the current date is not an end of quarter. This is what it currently returns. It should return Dec/Mar/etc not Oct/Jan

1 Like

@randy I have some weirdness with the headers too. Today (the 31st) it looks like this:

… which is wrong both on when traditional quarters end as well as showing each date (aside from today) as the 1st of the month, and if the columns are really being calculated based on the dates shown above, then July 2021 is being counted twice. :thinking:

I haven’t looked at this template in a long time, @aronos. I just peeked at it and I’m not sure I’m seeing the same problem.

Are you on version 2.52? Are my settings different than yours?

@randy I was on 2.51 and it was like this today:

Interestingly when I updated it, it is still wrong but different:

So it looks like whoever did 2.52 was maybe trying to fix a similar problem?

Sorry for the slowness in getting back to you, @aronos

I think this is more of a design issue than a bug. You can see where the period dates are generated in T7:T19. It looks like it is built to start with the end of the End Date month— in your case, 8/1 maps to 8/31— then to create 3 month (quarter) intervals backward from there.

It may not be what you were hoping for, but I think the 2.52 dates are correct per this design.

You could play with the formulas in T7:T19 and probably get it working the way you want.