Paypal transactions not showing bank funding activity

Hi,

Tiller/paypal is only pulling/pushing normal transactions in paypal, but not showing when a paypal expense was partially funded by a bank account. This means that if I categorize my bank transaction ($ going to fund paypal) as a transfer, there isn’t the equivalent transaction in paypal to categorize as a transfer, and thus the transfer category will continue to decrease in ‘total balance.’ If this doesn’t make sense I can try to clarify further.

Thanks!

Kyle

2 Likes

Yeah, this is how our PayPal accounts behave as well. Every PayPal transaction requires me to manually create the missing transfer of funds transaction. You might want to try my “Linked Transfers” template to help notice any missing transfers.

2 Likes

Same here, @jpfieber. This is particularly annoying when I’m trying to max cashback rewards when PayPal is a rotating category. :face_with_spiral_eyes: Unfortunately this comes back to PayPal’s data provisions rather than something Tiller can fix.

1 Like

Darn. Ok, manual transactions it is. And I’ll check out the linked transfers template. Cheers

1 Like

Just piling on here to say that I have the same gripe about the PayPal data. I even created a Python script once to convert the PayPal CSV file to parse and pull in all of those transactions more appropriately, but had given up because it took more time to go download the file and run the script, then import it… vs just putting in the manual transactions. :frowning: