Pull credit card catagories

Is it possible to pull credit card categories? ie so we can see what merchant category code, MCC, the issuer codes each transaction as?

Hi @ctlee,

You can get Yodlee’s (our data provider) best guess at categorizations for your transactions by adding the Category Hint column to your spreadsheet. It won’t retroactively fill for transactions that are already in the sheet, but it will fill for new transactions that are added after you add the column.

Heather

@heather re-introducing myself to Tiller but one thing I’d swear i’d figure out to help with my categorization problem was to see if merchant category codes plus (hopefully not too much) custom code could help me reduce the number of uncategorized transactions.

I’m super pumped this is possible but I’m allergic to GUI’s (>_<). Can you provide a little more context as to how I add the Cateogry Hint column to my transaction sheet? I promise I tried! I just do not see this Category Hint button.

thank you!

You have to manually add it. ie right click add a column and name it “Category Hint”

1 Like