(Resolved) Service interruption: transactions not updating, missing daily email (9/1/2022)

Update 9/1/22 1:00PM PST

This should be fixed.

First, refresh your accounts…

1. Log in to the Tiller Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/login
  2. Scroll down to “Account Summary”
  3. Click “Connection > Edit credentials” to refresh your account.
  4. Follow the prompts to re-authenticate your account. In some cases, this may require you to re-enter credentials and/or enter security answers or codes.
  5. Wait for the refresh process to complete. If you get an error, please send us a screenshot.

Next, fill your sheet…

For Google Sheets:

1. Open your Google Sheet
  2. Go to Add-ons > Tiller Money Feeds > Launch(or Open Sidebar).
  3. Then in the sidebar click Fill Sheets

For Microsoft Excel workbooks:

1. Open your workbook
  2. Open the Tiller Money Feeds add-in from the Data ribbon
  3. Sign in if prompted, then click the “Fill” button

As of Sept 1, 2022 9:00AM PST Tiller is investigating and mitigating a service interruption with the following impacts:

• New transactions not being pulled or filling into spreadsheets. Refreshes appear successful.
  • Daily transaction emails are not being received

There may be other impacts yet to be reported.

Update 9:52AM PT:

Per some replies in this topic it sounds like balances are pulling in but not transactions.

Feel free to reply here with other impacts you think are related to this interruption. *Please note: this is for all transactions for ALL institutions you have connected to Tiller filling into your spreadsheet and some or all refreshes (from the Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/login) are succeeding.

This service interruption does not apply to any one specific institution so if you’re having issues refreshing a specific institution (on the Console), reach out to our team via chat on the Console with the specifics of that institution’s errors.

We are working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue. We will provide updates here.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

We think it’s fixed. Please give the steps in the update above a try to get your latest transactions.

1 Like

FIXED for me!! at 3:45pm I did have to redo my credentials and then fill to get the transactions but got 'em. Thanks!!

1 Like

FIXED! I did not need to edit credentials, only manually refresh my accounts. Transactions are now filling into my spreadsheet. Thanks!

This reminds me of my comments in another thread earlier this month that were pretty much brushed off. Seems like a regular refresh is needed to avoid losing data. What is the plan here?

Glad it’s working again @cculber2 and @susandennis

@buzzmaster1 Per your topic/suggestions here - there is more we need to understand about why it’s necessary to go through the “edit credentials” flow to pull in the data was skipped during the interruption rather than it just being pulled in with the next automatic or manual regular “refresh”. It was my guess that it’s due to the look back period, but the true issue will need more attention from our engineers and we’re doing our best.

We will not offer a “refresh all” button. We previously had this and it is not a supported feature from Yodlee. It’s required that institutions be refreshed one at a time if they’re going to be manually refreshed.

I followed this flow and USAA balances are updating but not transactions. I haven’t had a USAA transaction show up since mid May.

Hi @drewculver please see my original note about specific institutions.

USAA has an outage and we’re working closely with our data provider on the issue.