🤔 "Rollover Adjustment" in the new Savings Budget

@matt Your workflow of moving rollover savings from your Savings category to supplement your budgeted expenses is spot on. I use the same workflow when it comes to tracking savings goals and finally making the purchase. You will be happy to hear that the Savings Budget actually logs your transfer of rollover savings from one category to another on the Budget Journal sheet. Take the simple example below of me moving $21.08 from my grocery savings to cover an excess of my restaurant spending.

To answer your question, the Budget Health section is indeed an indicator that doesn’t have any configuration. I went into some detail behind what it represents in my previous post above yours.

The one thing Budget Health doesn’t take into consideration is savings, as it only deals with budgeted and actual dollars, and savings is largely a derived value. Savings health can currently be tracked for individual categories using the Savings & Debt (Prototype) sheet. By tying the savings category to a specific account, you can get at-a-glance feedback on whether or not your savings categories are sufficiently funded by their associated accounts.

2 Likes