Hi folks, I’m fairly new here but thought I’d share how I’m using Tiller so far. I’m mostly using it to pull account balances into Google Sheets and then I’ve added a bunch of custom sheets to create a full financial/retirement plan and forward projection for every month through retirement and end of life.
Some of the things I’m tracking include
- Current and projected income and savings including RSUs, 401k, HSA, and after-tax retirement savings
- Current and projected home equity.
- Current and projected college expenses and savings for my kids
- Social security projections and optimization based on retirement age and end of life assumptions
- Projected retirement income and expenses
I have a sheet filled with assumptions and estimations on things like retirement age, pre and post retirement savings appreciation rates, safe withdrawal rate, housing appreciation rate, and RSU grants that I can play around with for different scenarios.
I’m also automatically importing items like RSU stock price, CPI, tax brackets, and Zillow estimate.
The plan is quite detailed - one row for every month and about 30 or so columns. I then created a sheet with the top KPIs I want to track and pull that data into Google Data Studio (Looker). From here I created a mobile friendly dashboard that I can view in Safari. Then I use an app called Glimpse to slice each part of the dashboard web page into widgets that I can display on my Home Screen.
Hopefully others find this interesting or useful. I thought about sharing my sheets but they are all very tailored to my personal finances and situation.