Tiller Foundation Template - Yearly Budget Sheet formatting is all wonky

I’m using the Tiller Foundations Template in Google Sheets. I have definitely added a lot of categories (I have about 158 microcategories, including placeholders within about 21 groups) and also added quite a few of my own sheets layered on top of the ones that were built in with this template. I just went to look at the Yearly Budget sheet that came with the template and something is wrong. The formatting is all off, the wrong rows are highlighted as header rows and there are a bunch of rows at the bottom of the sheet that have no formatting at all. I have no idea how to fix this because I don’t really understand how this sheet populates with numbers. I select cells and all of the cells look like they just have raw numbers typed into them, which I know can’t possibly be the case. Since I don’t understand how it is constructed, I am afraid to change anything for fear of breaking it further… beyond repair. Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance!

@Ali,

Try restoring the Yearly Budget sheet via the Tiller Money Labs add-on to see if that fixes the issue.

If that doesn’t help make sure that every category on your Categories sheet has a Group and Type assigned. I’ve seen that throw off the formatting for the budget dashboards.

Also, double check that the Categories sheet has the appropriately named headers Category, Group, Type, Hide from Reports

If those headers are missing or changed that will also cause issues.

I was thinking that was the solution! How do I do that? Just delete the sheet and then reinstall from labs? Thank you!!

There is an option to “restore” via the Labs add-on, no need to delete it first (or archive it, which you’ll be prompted to do).

Check out the link I sent earlier for instructions :wink:

That worked like a charm! Thank you so much! You guys are the best!