Tiller Labs Roundup 8/20/20 - Savings Budget + Basic Bank CSV Importer

Our Tiller Money Labs team is working to keep you efficient, inspired, and enabled with financial templates, tools and workflows. In our Tiller Labs Roundups, we keep you updated on our latest features and sheets.

Savings Budget Template

The Tiller Money Labs Savings Budget template is a new, simple envelope/rollover savings concept.

It is designed to deliver the following benefits:

• Compatible with Tiller’s Foundation template
  • In-category “rollover” savings workflows
  • Responsive performance
  • Simple to use and get started
  • Activation of savings workflows on per-category basis
  • Budget & savings change-history reporting

We envision a bright future for this solution, but this beta-quality budget is new and is listed for testing and feedback only. At this time, we recommend you not use this template as your primary budget solution.

If you give it a try, let us know what you think!

Basic Bank CSV Support in the Import CSV Line Items Workflow

We have abstracted and added a simple “Basic Bank” CSV importer into Import CSV Line Items workflow in Tiller Money Labs. This is a great documented solution when you need to import a CSV from a not (yet) supported data source.

Cheers!

I’m unable to install the new Savings. Or how does it work? It seem it has installation bug. Saving budget and Budget Journal installed without any problem.

Can you elaborate on what isn’t working, @adekunledauda? If the two sheets are present in your spreadsheet, it sounds like the installation worked.

The Tiller Money Labs add-on is required to update the budgets.

The documentation is here.

I think I understand better what happened now, @adekunledauda. I mistakenly published a new Savings template that we have in development. I think the new solution displayed in the add-on but the publishing information was incomplete so the add-on was unable to insert the sheet.

I hope we can share that solution in the coming weeks when it is ready.
Sorry for the false start.