Tiller Money Labs Roundup 9/10/20 - Savings Budget

Hey @maktampa! Welcome to the community.

If you haven’t already found it, there is an easy way to start from the current month using the Savings Budget. If you go into the hidden area by unhiding the columns to the right of column H, you will see a Starting Period setting in cell M2. Just go ahead and set that to the month you’d like to start tracking savings accruals from.

Regarding the duplicate categories, can you tell me more about what is going on in the spreadsheet. Are there duplicated category names in the Categories sheet? Do you have data validation turned on in the Categories column in the Transactions sheet (i.e. to force matching capitalization)? Do any rows in the Transactions sheet use different category capitalization than the Categories sheet?

Based on how the sheet is built, I can see how it would display duplicates where the Monthly Budget would not… but I don’t understand what would be the source of the alternate capitalization.

Best,
Randy

P.S. I’m really sorry I lost track of this thread. I’m doing my best to catch up on posts like yours now. Thanks for your patience. I hope I’m not too late on this.