Total Spending by Account

Hi Team,

Is there anything in the Tiller Labs or anyone working on some code that would help me get a total amount spent by account (not the budget/actual line)?

Looking to be able to better monitor the several cards we use between all of us.

Thank you!

Brandon

@brandonscottgardner, I don’t think any of the Labs solutions quite fit this. The closest is the Account Filter sheet but it doesn’t give you the ability to set a date range (if that’s important) and also doesn’t sum up anything for you. I added a =sum() to the top of mine and because I’m also making payments it doesn’t really give me the “spending” total but just the net after all the payments and spending.

A formula whiz here in the community could probably figure out how to get the =sum() type of concept to work where it filters out transfers or gives you the option to look at just transfers or just expenses :woman_shrugging:

Maybe an interesting concept for a future Labs solution or an upgrade to the Account Filter sheet @jono / @randy

I just peeked at the sheet, @brandonscottgardner, and the Account Filter solution uses a QUERY() to pull transactions by account in cell A5. If you were to put a start date in cell C3 and an end date in cell D3, you could change the formula in A5 to leverage a date range in the query:

=iferror(QUERY(Transactions!A:Z,"SELECT "&join(",",arrayformula(vlookup({"Date","Description","Category","Amount","Account"},J3:K30,2,false)))&" WHERE "&K8&" = '"&B3&"' AND "&K3&" >= date '"&TEXT($C$3,"yyyy-mm-dd")&"' and "&K3&" <= date '"&TEXT($D$3,"yyyy-mm-dd")&"' ORDER BY "&K3&" DESC"))

1 Like

@brandonscottgardner

go to account filter tab, select/highlight the numbers you want to add up, then look at lower right hand corner of screen which will show you the sum. you can also sort the transactions page by account and select the numbers there.

1 Like

Thanks all I appreciate your help! I got some ideas from this that should help! Thanks again

1 Like

Hi all - i was starting to play with Total Spending by Account and the account drop down is only showing a subset of my account list. Any ideas why?

If anyone is playing with updating this worksheet, I’d love to be able to review Spending by Category by Account without summing up a filtered transaction sheet.

Thanks!

The account list is fed into the dropdown from data in the hidden area in ='Account Filter'!$G$19:$G. Are you seeing the full list of accounts there, @isussman1228? What about in your Balances sheet? Or in the hidden area of your (possibly hidden) Accounts sheet?

I see all my accounts in Accounts & Balances but two of my credit cards show no transactions. I can’t find any difference for why that’s would t show up. Except these two are not pulling data automatically and require a manual import. Any reason this would be the reason? The data appears in all other reports.