vinAudit (Simple) Automation
The tiller-vinaudit-simple script is a simple Google Apps Script to scrape vinAudit estimates of a car values and insert them into the Balance History sheet of Tiller-enabled spreadsheets. This workflow is especially useful for tracking net worth.
Visit Tiller HQ to learn more about Tiller.
This simple script is designed for intermediate users and includes only lightweight error checking. We hope it meets your needs out of the box, but further tweaks may be required to get it working in your environment. We offer no warranties or support for this solution.
Setting Up Your Project
To configure your project, implement the following steps in Google Sheets:
- Find your vehicle’s VIN #.
- Open the Tiller Google-Sheets spreadsheet you’d like to add your vehicle’s value to.
- Click on Tools -> Script editor to open the spreadsheet’s bound scripts.
- Copy the contents of vinaudit.js from this repo into the Google Sheets script editor.
- Set the
vinsvariable (at the start of the code) equal to your vins.
- Save the script file and name it
- Click on the
Select Functiondropdown in the control bar and select the
- Click the run/play button.
Review Permissionsand select the google accounts associated with your Tiller Account.
- You’ll get a warning saying “This app isn’t verified”. Select
Go to carEstimator (unsafe).
- Select Allow.
If you’ve completed all the steps successfully, you should have a new entry in your Balance History reflecting the viAudit estimate of the vehicle.
- In the script editor select
Edit > Current Project's Triggers.
- Select event source = Time-driven.
- Select your desired options.
Taking This Solution Further…