USAA transactions and balances not updating

The workaround to click outside the window when it gets to the “gathering details” step does work for some people to get transactions and balances it seems like ONLY IF you’re not also prompted for some type of additional security code sent via text message. However, I don’t know if this is true 100% of the time.

I observed this on a call with a customer the other day (not related to USAA issue, related to some of the legacy migrations that are ongoing and she just happened to try refreshing USAA). She did not get prompted for any type of 2FA and I had her click outside the window when it got to “gathering details” and then she got some transactions/balances.

For those of you getting balances, I’d recommend double checking they are actually the current balance. Sometimes the system will seem like it’s pulling in a balance, but it’s a stale balance.

Once again, this issue is somewhat specific to the transactions because it’s a transactions page load issue

@TomWIN as far as CSVs go, you can export a CSV from USAA and then use the Basic Bank option in the Tiller Community Solutions add-on or my preferred option is Randy’s Simple CSV Importer - it’s a bit more manual effort to set it up, but I find it’s more customizable than the built in Basic Bank CSV option. Last, he also built a spreadsheet based CSV import helper tool.

Basic Bank CSV: Docs: Import CSV Line Items
Simple CSV Import (requires adding script manually using Script Editor): Simple CSV Import Workflow (for Unsupported Data Sources)
CSV Spreadsheet Importer Multi-tool: CSV Spreadsheet Importer Multitool for Google