About the Google Sheets Investment Tracker
The GoogleFinance formula will get you nearly live (20 minute delayed) stock price data fed into your finance spreadsheet. You can go well beyond stock prices.
This is a static sheet, not available via the Tiller Labs add-on at this time.
You can track the opening price, the closing price for any date, the daily or 52 week high and low, the average and current daily volume, market cap, EPS, PE, currency, and more.
Check out this example spreadsheet we’ve created to track some indexes, stocks, and mutual funds. The basic formula for pulling Alphabet’s stock price, for example, would be =GoogleFinance(GOOG, “price”).
How to get the tracker
Copy this example sheet into your Tiller-powered Google Sheet:
- Open your Tiller spreadsheet.
- Copy the URL of your sheet.
- Open the example portfolio tracker.
- Right click the “Portfolio” tab at the bottom and choose “Copy to.”
- Paste the URL for your Tiller spreadsheet in to bottom of the Copy To window that pops up.
- Do the same for the Detail tab.
Using the Portfolio Tracker Example sheet
Customizing Your Portfolio Tracker
- On the Portfolio sheet update the Symbols in Column A to use your own.
- Update the Shares (column H) and the Date (Column K) for any stocks and funds you have.
- Add rows as necessary above and below for each type and copy/update the existing formulas into the new rows until you’ve filled in everything you want to track.
Customizing Your Detail Sheet
- Navigate to the Detail sheet
- Edit the GoogleFinance formula in cell A1
- Update the Stock symbol from “GOOG” to a symbol of your choice.
- Change the date range using YYYY-M-D format per the example.
- Duplicate the sheet and update for as many stocks as you’d like to track the daily closing price.
- Update the chart data range to make sure it’s including all days you’ve pulled in.